Job in a Multinational Paper Mill Company
Posted on: 27 August, 2014
Deadline: 5 September, 2014
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Best Search Recruitment
Best Search Recruitment Limited - Our Client is a multinational paper conversion and milling company. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Business Development Manager's primary objective is to lead the export function for the company, enabling it to execute business growth plans and be capable of delivering planned revenue, and volume on a consistent basis. In addition, the role encompasses the development and growth of the company's derivative brands and new products. Job holder must lead, coach, and develop the team to achieve superior performance.
- Provide information relevant to the position that may enhance understanding of the job.
- For supervisory positions indicate the number of people supervised, the total that reports through other supervisors, and management of external 3rd parties.
- Other data may include the value of assets entrusted to the position, Sales volume, profit responsibility, product/brand responsibility, number of or volume of transactions etc.)
- The position holder is directly responsible for all aspects of exports/customer management in the relevant country.
- This includes developing and delivering against sales plans for each country and derivative brand.
- He/She will build export customer relationships, identify new business opportunities, and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- It is their job to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for the organization.
- To achieve this, they need to find potential new export customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into customers, and continue to grow business in the future.
- The Business Development Manager call on customers, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their future needs.
- Develops and coordinates the implementation of export sales strategies, policies and programs to enhance export market presence and competitive performance of products.
- Manages New Product Development within the company for Derivative Brands.
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Be the lead driver for New Product Development utilizing Cross Functional teams to ensure products meet time line, quality, financials parameters and are accepted by our consumer.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately with export customers.
- Ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, development and retention of team members.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new products or services, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Submit weekly and monthly progress reports and ensure data is accurate
- Provide supervision through observations and measurement of results to include performance appraisals and salary reviews.
- Prepare annual sales plans and growth targets for the export markets and derivative brands.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Manage to meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual export and brand sales forecasts.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Factory and Logistics, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust export sales strategies or in country derivative brand strategies.
- Partner with the marketing organization to develop business plans for new brands and categories of products.
- Review sales results monthly and initiate appropriate action steps to deliver the targets
- Manages relationship with export customers in an efficient and Professional manner.
- Establish and maintains excellent relationship with national Distribution networks.
- Liaises with warehouse, logistics and factory heads to ensure that Sales orders are promptly serviced
- Prepare consolidated sales performance reports to executive Management for decision making
- Bachelor's degree in Business, marketing or allied services from an accredited institution. (MBA an advantage).
- 7 years professional experience in sales and marketing field.
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested Candidates should forward their CVs and brief but concise Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Best Search RecruitmentSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Erisco Foods Limited
- Food Technologist - Savoury at Givaudan
- Plant Engineer at a Manufacturing Company
- Accounts Supervisor at Elkris Bio-Health Foods Nigeria Limited
- Facility Officer at Literamed Publications Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Lafiagi Sugar Company (LASUCO) - BUA Group PART 3
- Massive Recruitment at Lafiagi Sugar Company (LASUCO) - BUA Group PART 2
- Massive Recruitment at Lafiagi Sugar Company (LASUCO) - BUA Group PART 1