Recruitment at PricewaterhouseCoopers
Posted on: 27 August, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCoopers firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
In Africa we're the largest provider of professional services with close to 450 partners and over 8,500 people in 32 countries. This means that we're able to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they're located on the continent. Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of African operating environments enables us to put ourselves in our clients' shoes to offer tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions for every business challenge.
PwC is recruting to fill the position below
- Enhance the quality of management of the firm by providing administrative support to the business unit partners in order to facilitate the administration of their activities.
- Maintain the office environment at a high image level.
- Reduce the workload of business unit partners ffectively, such that their involvement in detail is restricted to strategic and major issues.
- Provide administrative support on Business Unit initiatives. For example act as client administrator for the business units. Activities include client liaison, preparing client presentations etc.
- The firm’s responsiveness to clients’ needs requires that the factors that enhance the client’s performance are placed above all other considerations and that this attitude is seen as coinciding with the office’s interest. Each action must therefore be interpreted by its effect on the client.
- The position supports client service staff and partners who operate under considerable deadline pressure and it is also subject to competing demands. Accordingly, significant tact, understanding, communication and flexibility are called for to achieve the objectives of the position.
- Working relationships are primarily with senior PwC staff and to some extent, client executives, which situation not only places the position at the front end of the office's drive for a positive external image but also expects the exhibition of professionalism.
- Submit reports to the Business Unit Leader and partners as needed.
Business Unit Functions
- The growth of provision of services to top tier clientele.
- The generation and provision of client service at high levels of client satisfaction, professional standards and market repute.
- The achievement of profitable levels of staff utilisation, realisation and net investment in client services [NICS].
- The integration of the business unit’s activities within the total practice.
- The development of top quality staff members and maintenance of high morale.
- Gain a familiarity with the full range of services offered and objectives of the Service Line and Business Unit, their correlation to the goals of the firm and current year plans.
- Gain a familiarity with the office’s IFS policies and procedures and liaise where necessary with the various IFS functions.
- Show imagination and creativity and present matters of concern and new ideas to the LoS leader and the other partners within the Business Unit suggesting improvements to procedures.
- Show initiative in handling and following through routine assignments without reminders and intervention from partners and managers.
- Develop the following personal attributes, which are critical to the success of the position: enthusiasm, patience, firmness, courtesy, diligence, organization, resourcefulness, and dependability and communication skills.
- Keep under review job difficulties and self-development needs and communicate such to the LoS leader.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and balance competing demands.
- Demonstrate good report writing skills and paying attention to detail.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the staff scheduling manager for an efficient allocation of staff and ensure that all procedures relating to this activity are complied with.
- Monitor the compliance with billing and collection procedures. Including opening job codes, managing work in progress, bill on account and following up receivables.
- Coordinate recruitment needs of the BU, advise HC of requirements, and monitor progress of recruitment.
- Liaise with engagement managers and ensure that appraisals are carried out when they are due and that the appraisal monitoring form is completed and submitted to unit’s staff manager.
- Liaise with Learning and Development unit to monitor the training program for the year and ensure that staffs’ dairies are blocked for the training.
- Organise meetings (management and monthly BU meetings) and ensure that discussions and conclusions are documented and circulated within 48 hours.
- Draw the partners’ attention to issues including staff morale that you observe, that may affect the practice.
- Schedule meetings with clients on partner’s behalf, confirm with them and remind them of their commitments.
- Liaise with each engagement team to maintain a list of the client and assignment portfolio and update continuingly the status of each assignment on the list.
- Prepare and update the BU marketing/opportunities monitoring team (if any) and follow up the responsible staff driver on the status of these opportunities.
- Provide logistic support in conjunction with marketing for the BU-led seminars/meetings as follows:
- Liaising with the partners to agree seminar themes.
- Preparing an agenda for the seminars.
- Arranging meetings of organising committee members.
- Preparing invitation letters/reminders.
- Arranging venues.
- Drafting client job proposals as requested.
- Preparing end of seminar report (copy to Marketing).
- Supervise any NYSC staff assigned to the business units.
- Ensure that facilities in the BU are in order.
- Pay particular attention to leavers, staff on exchange programs and those going on vacation, who must return assets in their possession.
- Provide administrative support to the line of service as follows:
- Stand in for the managers during their absence and ensure that phone calls, messages and enquiries are handled efficiently;
- Monitor the correspondence management system in the BU to ensure that responses do not exceed 48 hours;
- Maintain an up-to-date filing system for clients’ correspondence and ensure that documents, both physical and electronic are not removed from their respective files.
- Assist partners in formatting their typed documents to conform with PwC brand, where necessary.
- Initiate own quarterly appraisal with the BU/LoS leader
- Good First Degree in any discipline
- Experience in general office Administration
- Understanding of basic business principles
- Excellent computer skills including use of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Minimum of 3 years experience of working as a PA to senior management .
- Thinking skills and diligence
- Inquisitiveness and firmness
- Interest and Commitment
- Results oriented
- Well organized; good time-keeping
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – communication, etc
- Under 35 years of age
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)Similar Jobs
- Human Resource Manager at Guardian Global Resources Nigeria
- HR Associate at Chariscoopers Professional Services Limited
- Client Service/Social Media Executive at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Brand Ambassador at TalentBase
- Sales Personnel at Doheney Services Ltd
- Economist at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Latest Jobs at AFM Recruit