Brockport Energy is recruiting qualified and suitably qualified candidates into the following vacant positions:
Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports and payroll
Accountant Job Duties:
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Analysing and investigating annual, monthly, weekly and daily financial report
• Undertaking financial administration
• Preparing report, budgets, business plans and financial statement
• Negotiating business terms with clients and associated organization
• Administering payroll
• Controlling income and expenditure
• Record customer returns and discount transactions
• Liaising with managerial staff, colleagues and clients.
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Accounting, strong financial acumen, monthly and yearly report, strong knowledge of Ms Word especially Excel and Access.
Other Related skills: Integrity, self motivation, Good IT skills, Numerical skills, excellent sense of interest in business
Minimum of 4-8 years in accounting, payroll administration, strong financial acumen, use of accounting packages and excel spreadsheet
• Proactively manage the diary of the Managing Director, making and confirming appointments and ensuring all necessary mails/paperwork is prepared relating to appointments/meetings where appropriate
• Monitor, track and respond to emails as appropriate as necessary
• To take minutes at meetings and circulate as appropriate
• To appropriately screen and answer all telephone calls, take message, and respond to queries as appropriate
• To provide full administrative support to the Managing Director
• To ensure all incoming and outgoing information for the MD is fully coordinated, between different business function.
• To assist and support with a wide range of projects and activities as required
• To liaise with external parties at a wide range of levels
• Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of the organization and its aims and objectives
• Act as an ambassador for the company’s brand at all times and ensure the company’s value are upheld to both external and internal contacts, through appropriate behavior and performance
• To observe strict confidentiality at all levels and times.
• Undertake any other duties as requested in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role
• To carry any other duties as may be reasonably expected by the MD.
- Excellent writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Good with numeric
- Highly presentable
- Good use of Microsoft office
- Report writing skills
Resume should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org