Latest Vacancies at FMC Technologies
Posted on: 27 August, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at FMC Technologies
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
FMC Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:FTI) is a leading global provider of technology solutions for the energy industry. Named by FORTUNE® Magazine as the World's Most Admired Oil and Gas Equipment, Service Company in 2012, the Company has approximately 16,800 employees and operates 30 production facilities in 16 countries. FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
- Loads and unloads trucks. Moves material from the loading platform to the warehouse, production floor or outside storage facilities by carrying, pushing, rolling or operating hand trucks, forklifts, or other material handling equipment.Washes parts for NDE Testing.
- Main Tasks
- Loads and unloads trucks according to established safety and operating procedures.
- Moves material within the warehouse, production floor or outside storage facility to and from the loading platform by carrying, pushing, rolling oroperating hand trucks, forklifts, or other material handling equipment.
- Un-packages materials from wooden boxes, inventories, and inputs part numbers and quantities on Incoming goods inspection checklists along with all other relevantinfo from the packing list.
- Counts and/or weighs and records or enters numbers of units of materials moved or handled on daily labor and production records. Assists with material Counts and material Control activities.
- Attachesidentifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, product or other containers as required.
- Assists in material handling functions in Warehouse and other areas of the Plant.
- Stores equipment and parts inlocations assigned by Material Controller
- Organises and returns receiving paperwork for processing by Material controller
- May stack or assemble materials into bundles and band bundles together, using banding machine and clincher.
- Practices good housekeeping in assigned area and properly disposes of waist according to safety and environmental policies.
- Promptly reports any operational problems or safety issues with machinery, tools or equipment to TeamLeader.
- May be required to perform basic QC functions such as assigning traceability numbers to incoming material, washing materials for NDE testing and reviewing incoming paperwork for quality and completeness.
Skills And Requirements
- Educational requirements, licenses, certification, work experience, training etc.)
- Minimum Ordinary Diploma or its equivalent. Minimum 2 years experience in Warehousing.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend written and verbalEnglish language (Safety, Quality & Operational instructions). Must be able to perform simple math problems (i.e. Add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Must have ability to comprehend internal documents such as simple Bills of Material, simpleFMC Technology Drawings and simple Service/Work Orders.
- Must have ability to operate a forklift, overhead crane, machine (jib) hoists, hand tools, power tools, and tape measure.
go to method of application »
- Responsible for following set procedures and processes in regards to Focal point for planning and execution of assigned Import, Export and logistics in support of projects, supply chain and base operations. This role provides detailedplanning and forecasting of shipping requirements, coordination, execution and tracking of all inbound and outbound flow of equipment and materials. Ensures compliance with all Nigeria and International trade compliance regulations and laws. Supports logistics activities for Onshore and Offshore field operations
- Main Tasks
- Reviews project contract and/or PO’s, defines and validates the logistics scope and requirements for Nigeria import/export requirements
- Generates form M, commercial, shipping and export documentation related to assigned project flow offor accuracy and completeness related to assign international and domestic transportation transactions and approved rates.
- Liaises with shipment coordinator to for accurate execution of inbound/outbound shipments and ensure appropriatepacking and labeling and marking of packages
- Coordinates the “Load in” and “Load Out” for critical deliveries and provides relevant customs and shipping information for documentation.
- Implements and enforces local compliance proceduresin alignment with corporate and regional guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Assists in training assigned project team and stakeholders on updates of procedures and compliance and regulatory changes.
- Ensures overall compliance with allNigerian and International trade processes and procedures established and meets all regulatory requirements.
- material and oversee the dispatching, tracking and tracing of goods in transit
- Plans and executes the logistics requirements and activities for assigned project/material supply in accordance with International trading terms (INCOTERMS).Ensures the highest level of data quality and integrity by processing shipments accurately.
- Works with equipment suppliers to ensure that key trade data, classifications and country of origin and valuations are in accordance with TradeTransactions
- Interfaces with approved Logistics service provider for assigned project /material flow shipments and logistics activities. Resolve any transportation and or port related issues as necessary. Assure timely delivery ofshipments, accuracy in customs and shipping documentation and timely status/exception reporting
- Works with approved Logistics service provider to address related issues, concerns, disputes and audits
- Review and research customercomplaints and inquiries, including shipping and pricing issues, damage claims, QA claims, returns and over/under shipments. Provide recommendations to management for solutions and claim settlement resolutions.
- Prepares shipping statusreports as needed for assigned project/material flow. Responsible for holding logistics focused forecasting meetings with assigned project teams, international base management, general management team
- Manages the Master Shipping List (MSL)for their scope of Supply with inputs from shippers and the Authorization To Ship (ATS) Process.
- Generates and Maintains files, manual and electronic on all import and export transactions in compliance with government and FMC documentationretention policy requirements in a chronological order to ensure prompt responses to all shipping and material enquiries. Will hand over all closed files to Logistics analyst to be archived
- Review, check and technically approve invoices
Skills And Requirements
- •BA or BS in International Trade, Logistics or related field or equivalent work experience
- •Certifications in Logistics and International Trade, Import and Export professional bodies preferred
- •Minimum of five plus years experience inimport/export issues, international logistics, customs/international trade, Free Trade Zone and Nigeria regulatory structures and concepts
- •Must have understanding of Nigerian import/export regulations
- •Must be conversant withImportation and Export Customs Documentation and requirements
- •Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the Harmonized Tariff product classification for import and export
- •Must have Oil and Gas Free Trade Zone experience
- •Understanding of transportation planning and execution processes and best practice.
- •Exceptional organizational abilities, including ability to manage, absorb and synthesize large volumes of data.
- •Must demonstrate attention to detailand accuracy.
- •Excellent verbal and written communication skill set and experience working closely with international employees.
- •Negotiation skills in order to interact with suppliers and co-workers in team based environment.
- •Strong problem solving skills and analytical capabilities.
- •Shows ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities simultaneously, set priorities in a fast paced environment and work independently.
- •PC skills with proficiencyin spreadsheet, word processing, power point, project management software, SAP or similar mainframe systems a plus
- •Some understanding of Global economic, politics and security concerns and the impacts on the global transportation industryand market dynamics
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about FMC TechnologiesSimilar Jobs
- Lead Pipeline Engineer at Penspen
- Engineering Jobs at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Job Vacancies at Innovius Resources & Solutions Limited
- Electrical & Mechanical Automobile Technician at TAS Automobile Solutions
- Sales Engineer - Graduate Trainee at A.G. Leventis (Nigeria) Plc
- Pump Technician at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Service Engineer at ABB Nigeria Limited
- Technical Jobs at Mar & Mor Integrated Services Limited