UNESCO is committed to promoting geographical distribution (last update) and gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as nationals from non- and under-represented Member States. Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts. UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Post Number: 6NGCLT0002RP
Organizational Unit: FIELD OFFICES
Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: 115 300 USD (Annual Salary)
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Culture and the direct supervision of the Director of the Multisectoral Regional Office in Abuja, Nigeria, the incumbent will lead and supervise the staff of the Culture Unit to ensure the design, implementation and coordination of activities carried out under Major Programme IV (Culture) in the country/countries covered by the Office. He/she is also responsible for building partnerships, ensuring fund-raising and contributing to the Delivering as One exercise in the field of culture in the country/countries covered by the Office, in particular by:
- Ensuring the delivery of the culture programme in the country/countries covered by the Office.
- Facilitating the coordination of the Culture programme at sub-regional level by providing guidance to the national offices, antennas and focal points of the sub-region in the planning and development of programmes, projects and activities of the Culture Sector;
- Building, maintaining and enhancing working relations with the concerned national/local authorities, cultural institutions and relevant intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations;
- Ensuring the required fund-raising in order to reinforce the Regular Programme by mobilizing resources and building partnerships, including with civil society organizations and the private sector.
- University degree (preferably at Masters level) in the field of culture or social and human sciences.
- Work Experience
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in the field of culture, of which at least 3 years acquired at international level.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing programme work plans.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills;
- Proven resource mobilization skills;
- Experience in designing and implementing policies and programmes ;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbally and in writing);A
- bility to build, maintain and enhance working relations with national/local authorities, cultural institutions and relevant intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations;
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff and teams and to maintain effective working relationships in a multicultural environment;
- Discretion and maturity of judgement;
- Good knowledge of standard office software (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Excellent / good knowledge of English and good / fair knowledge of French.
- Relevant professional training in the field of culture.
- Familiarity with the political and cultural context of the region.
- Familiarity with UNESCO's standard-setting instruments and programmes in the field of culture.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.