GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE Corporate is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Number: 1969539
Location: Nairobi, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa
This position in Corporate Tax works closely with Global Operations which is a corporate operation that provides support services such as: payroll data gathering and delivery to all cross border travelers and employees of GE businesses.
- This position is responsible for ensuring both employment tax compliance and cost effectiveness for the company focusing on the Africa region.
- The position will support payroll tax reviews to meet jurisdictional reporting, withholding and filing compliance requirements with focus on individual income and social taxes.
- A particular area of focus will be employee deployments across country borders inside and outside the region.
- The candidate will work with strategic business partners including internal (businesses, GBS, legal, HR), external (tax and payroll providers), and relevant tax authorities.
- The candidate will also assist on projects assessing adequacy of controls and processes suggesting improvements and cost efficiencies, assess current and future payroll providers skills from a tax perspective and support hiring Manager and global team on payroll tax processes and procedures as well as other individual tax issues in the region.
- Bachelors Degree
- Region of 5+ years relevant tax experience
- Analytical and data manipulation skills
- Communication and cross-functional project leadership skills
- Ability to operate effectively in matrixed environment and with diverse disciplines
- Credibility and personal authority
- Team oriented
- Willing to travel
- Self starter and independent worker
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- CPA/Chartered Accountant or similar
- MBA and/or relevant degree
- Green Belt certified
- Expatriate tax experience
- Individual international and payroll tax experience
- Good corporate income tax awareness
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale