GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
GE Healthcare is recruiting to fill the position of
Job Number: 1990750
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Leader West & Central Africa will demonstrate leadership and accountability of business EHS goals, EHS programs, and EHS processes for the Sales & Service organization in Nigeria, Ghana and Angola.
Develop, implement and maintain organization-specific EHS programs and processes including (but not limited to) emergency preparedness and fire protection, safety risk assessments and safe working procedures for non-office activities, hazardous waste management, H&S training, ergonomics, contractor safety, motor vehicle safety, radiation, Personal Protective Equipment , medical surveillance program, LOTO, and crisis management.
- Implement and drive EHS strategy given by regional EHS leader
- Ensure 100% compliance with applicable local regulatory requirements
- Apply and lead company EHS framework program as well as local regulatory requirements.
- Lead certain assigned aspects (technical, regulatory/third party interface, reporting, permitting, compliance, financial, administrative, etc.) of projects and permits in compliance with relevant regulatory programs and corporate policies.
- Provide EHS technical leadership, issue resolution, and input to local management
- Evaluate facility EHS conditions, assess risks and develop appropriate corrective-action plans and budgets to address deficiencies in comparison to regulations and internal policy/protocol.
- Participate in EHS compliance and program audits
- Drive improvements in EHS culture, awareness, and accountability
- Plan and conduct EHS training; coach EHS element owners to promote ownership and help them discharge their duties
- Conduct incident / accident investigations and develop corrective and preventative action plans
- Maintain EHS expertise to provide technical and regulatory support to Operations team; proactively engage stakeholders on site to ensure EHS compliance
- Measure & maintain Local Customer Team EHS metrics and ensure continuous and rigorous reporting to EHS regional manager
- Keep management apprised of progress and significant developments on key projects
- Drive continuous improvement in EHS performance and programs
- Assist in responding to significant incidents and government requests/notices
- Interface with environmental, health and safety regulatory agencies as needed
- Bachelor of Science in engineering, preferably in Chemical, Environmental, Civil, Mechanical and Electrical/Electronic from an accredited University
- Minimum 6 years' experience in Environment, Health & Safety
- Regulatory knowledge and experience working with different African regulations covering occupational health, process safety, chemical management, emergency preparedness, property transfer, site investigation, environmental requirements, waste management, contamination and capable of learning requirements and applying this experience through the countries
- Proven project and program management skills
- Fluent in English (Portuguese or French would be appreciated)
- Professional certifications (NEBOSH, IEMA, etc).
- Experience managing projects and/or EHS compliance.
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and other responsibilities, adjust to changing priorities and to make decisions with speed and accuracy based on available information.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, capable of working within a globally diverse, cross-functional, internal and external team across different time zones.
- Excellent listening capabilities, inclusiveness, ownership and leadership skill
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Fluency in Portuguese or French would be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale