John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is an international public health consulting firm and manages two projects/contracts through its integrated office in Abuja, Nigeria. To Supports the implementation of health supply chain project in Nigeria.
JSI is recruiting to fill the position of:
Under the guidance of the Director Malaria and Senior logistics Advisor the candidate will work with TSHIP/MAPS in Sokoto State and other logistics advisors at the central level to manage malaria commodities logistics activities implemented by the USAlD/Deliver Project in the supported states. The selected candidate may be tasked with supporting other areas of work when necessary.
- Support and assist in the management of malarra commodities at the assigned State Central Medical Store and health facilities. Conduct physical inventory of malaria commodities on weekly and monthly basis.
- In collaboration with logistics advisors at central level, provide technical support to TSHIP/MAPS to ensure that health facilities supported by TSHIP/MAPS are adequately supplied with the needed health commodities.
- Lead the coordination of malaria and related health commodities supplies to health facilities to ensure appropriate and timely refill of facility commodities requirements based on the bimorrthly facility stack reports submitted by the TSHIP/MAPS supported health facilities.
- Serve at the link between the PMI implementing partners, State Ministry of Health (SMOH) and Global Fund partners and the state CMS to ensure commodities supplies to health facilities are seamless.
- Advocate for good malaria commodities logistics management practices in sokoto state, local governments and community stakeholders.
- provide technical assistance in malaria commodity supply, distribution and management to the SMOH in assigned states, and other key malaria program stakelsolders as appropriate.
- Strengthen the capacity of health personnel and other Ministry of health staff in the Management of malaria commodities.
- Assist in facilitating malaria commodities bi-monthly review meeting, development of supply plan and distribution of malaria commodities lv collaboration with the DDIC counterpart.
- Provide on the job training to health facilities personnel during review and resupply meetings.
- Support new and ongoing technical assistance in regards to routine long lasting insecticide-treated nets (ILINs) distribution.
- Collaborate with Implementing partners and state government officials to organize monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to health facilities and
- Support the activities of warehousing and distribution service providers to troubleshoot and address malaria commodities supply chain issues that will impact commodities availability before, during and after the distribution of commodities.
- Support the process of proof of delivery gathering, review and sharing with the central office and relevant stakeholders in the state to validate the supply of health commodities to the facilities.
- Facilitate and coordinate the monthly PSM coordination group meetings within the assigned state and make presentations as required.
- Write routine, weekly and monthly quarterly and annual reports for submission to program funders.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Minimum Skills and Qualification
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum skills and qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy, public health, laboratory science, logistics managements or business administration.
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in health programs, probably in an international health care supply chain management Environment.
- Specific experience in malaria, HIV/AIDS, or TB, programs strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor, supervise and provide support to health facilities in supply chain activities.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian public health sector.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent technical writing and oral presentation skills highly desired.
- A proven ability to work as part of ateam and to be self-managing.
- knowledge of Microsoft office packages, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume as one documents to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org for Sokoto
- email@example.com for Nasarawa
- firstname.lastname@example.org for Kogi
- email@example.com for Kebbi
Note: Only electronic applications will be accepted. Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for and the location in the subject line of your email. candidates with more than one application will be disqualified.
Jonhsnow Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale