New Job Opening at Save The Children
Posted on: 22 August, 2014
Deadline: 5 September, 2014
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 120 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is looking for experienced development professionals to work within the Nigeria Country Programme. These roles will be critical for the delivery of results for children expected by this programme.
- Health background (doctor, nurse, midwife, etc) with least 5 years of professional experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience on IYCF and breastfeeding counselling.
- Computer literate.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable workplans and evaluate progress.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other organizations’ staff.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal) in English and Hausa.
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Commitment to SCI’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Previous experience with local and international NGOs.
- Experience in Nutrition and in community based programmes.
- Broad understanding of rights and development issues, international relations and the international humanitarian systems.
- Good Knowledge of the local language (Hausa)
Method of Application
Kindly send your C.V. and covering letter on or before 5th of September 2014 explaining why you are suitable to Nigeriavacancy@savethechildren.org State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs. For more information and to support our work, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!!
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Mercy Corps
- Assistant Project Manager at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale
- Finance Officer at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Consultants at Plan International
- Finance Roles at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Latest Jobs at Plan International
- Monitoring and Evaluation Manager at the Women for Women International (WfWI)
- Regional Manager at GrainPro Philippines Incorporation