Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development firm based in Washington, D.C (www.chemonics.com), seeks qualified candidates for a five-year agricultural value-chain development project funded by the US. Agency for International Development (USAlD). The positions will be based in Abuja with intermittent travel to rural Nigerian states. Any successful
candidate will possess the following:
The Grants and Subcontracts Fund Officer will assist in the drafting of grants and subcontracts policies, procedures, and templates, maintain electronic and hard-copy tracking systems for all grants and subcontracts. He/she will work under the
supervision of the GSF Manager, communicate with Grantees/Subcontractors whenever necessary, and keep track of Grantees/Subcontractors reporting requirements. Hislher main duties include but not limited to the following tasks:
- Assist the GSF Manager in the process of oversight and management of procedures according to Chemonics and USAlD rules and regulations. Specific procedures include solicitation, selection, award, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and close-out of local subcontracts and grants.
- In coordination with the GSF Manager, establish financial, accounting, and administrative procedures for control of funds and expenditures, including appropriate reporting and authorities.
- Perform pre-award assessments to determine applicant management and technical capacity to administer grant awards, when necessary.
- Receive grant reports, check to ensure that reporting template was correctly used, forward to technical team for review, and communicate comments and/or approval back to the grantee.
- Process deliverables and prepare check requests for payment
- Draft and manage subcontracts, grants and purchase orders.
- Analyze, assess, and assist with budgetary and financial aspects of grant proposals, recipient financial management capacities and needs, and disbursement of grants.
- Ensure effective communication between project staff, subcontractors and grant awardees such that grant recipients are provided with suitable technical advice and assistance in the fields of management, including financial management and sustainability.
- Monitor compliance of all agreements governing the award of subcontracts and grants, and prepare reports to the GSF Manager and other senior-level technical staff as requested.
- Ensure the highest level of honesty, integrity, openness and transparency in administering grant award processes and procedures.
- Maintain subcontracts and grants documentations such that files are current, complete, and audit-ready at all times.
- In conjunction with the GSF' team, ensure overall integrity in the administration of grants/subcontract award processes and procedures.
- Report any concerns or issues, whether verified or not, to senior management through supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The GSF Officer shall be supervised by the MARKET II GSF Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Economics, Accounting/Finance, Business Administration with at least two years working experience in related field;
- Experience working on a project with USAID-funded grants;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Strong experience using Microsoft office applications such as Word and Excel;
- Good data management skills;
- Patience, good humor, and an ability to work in a multi-national team, sometimes in demanding and/or busy circumstances;
- Knowledge of USAID regulations, subcontract procedure and good administrative skills will be added advantages.
- Strong organizational and work p ioritization skills, attention to detail;
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should email full CV detailing all relevant professional experience and a cover letter detailing qualifications in relation to the position, not later than September 2nd, 2014 to email@example.com.
Please specify the position in the subject line.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.