AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN) is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others. Since 2001 we have worked closely with key stakeholders to reduce the burden and mitigate the impact of those diseases through cutting edge, innovative & sustainable approaches.
We are seeking qualified and suitable candidates to assume the following position:
The job holder will provide technical and programmatic support, especially in the area of Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) for the delivery of qualitative HIV services, and attainment of programme goals. S/he will also contribute to the strengthening of working relationships with other stakeholders and building of systems for programme sustainability.
- Interface, in conjunction with other members of the APIN Clinical Services Team, between the APIN Program Office, Program Sites, relevant government agencies and other stakeholders
- Provide support for managing the Lagos Office team of technical staff
- Work with other team members towards the scale-up of HIV services by supporting the identification of areas of unmet need
- Identify program-wide capacity building needs, especially related to ART
- Contribute to the development of programme work plans
- Provide technical and programmatic support for high quality programme implementation in the areas of ART, PMTCT, HIV/TB and HIV clinical care services, in line with national guidelines and international best practices, and work towards target achievement by supported sites and programme sustainability
- Support the coordination of all components related to the clinical management of HIV
- Promote stakeholder engagement by working with various levels of government, their relevant bodies/agencies, US Government agencies in Nigeria and other partners
- Work closely with other team members to prepare program reports and document best practices
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in the Medical Sciences (MBBS or MBBCh), a postgraduate fellowship in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine, and a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in HIV prevention, care and treatment programmes.
- Experience in TB, MNCH, RH and malaria programmes would be an advantage.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Good working knowledge of current national and WHO HIV/AIDS guidelines for prevention, treatment, care & support of adults and children
- Knowledge of models of working with and linking different tiers of healthcare facilities
- Ability to multitask, with knowledge of various programme areas
- Ability to work with discretion and minimal supervision
- Understanding of community systems and how they impact service utilization
- Ability to provide mentorship and integrated supportive supervision to all categories of HCWs
- Knowledge of HCT, PMTCT and ART national M/E tools
- Ability to organize and coordinate training programmes and meetings
- Good written and oral communication skills
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should write to: email@example.com stating their skills, knowledge and experience that make them suitable and addressing the person specification highlighted for the position. The suitability statement should not exceed a page and must appear on the first page of the CV, which must be saved in Microsoft Word and as the applicant’s full name. The subject of the mail should be the job position being applied for. All applications must be received on or before September 5, 2014. Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.