The University of Abuja - Established by decree of Federal Government in 1988, University of Abuja is one of the dual-mode Universities in Nigeria with great prospects. At the moment, the University has nine Faculties, a College of Health Sciences, a Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education, Institute of Education, among others.
The Governing Council of the University of Abuja, hereby, announces that the position of Registrar of the University vacant. In accordance with the provisions of the Universities Miscellaneous Provision (now Act) 1993, as amended, Council invites applications from suitably qualified candidates, with experience in University administration, for the post of:
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University. The Registrar by virtue of his office is Secretary to the Council, the Senate, Congregation and Convocation. The duties of the Registrar also include:
- Keeping in safe custody all records of the University;
- Arranging for the conduct of examinations;
- Serving as Secretary to and be responsible for executive action arising from decisions of the Governing Council, the Senate, and such other bodies as the Statutes may prescribe or Vice-Chancellor may direct;
- Serving as member on various academic and administrative committees as may be prescribed by law or the relevant University authorities;
- Assisting the Vice-Chancellor in the general administration of the University.
- Candidates must have good honours degree in the Liberal Arts, Humanities or related discipline with at least twenty (20) years administrative experience, ten (10) years of which must be unbroken service in the university system.
- In addition, candidates must have served in an administrative capacity, not below the rank of Deputy Registrar, for a minimum of eight (8) years.
- Possession of relevant postgraduate degree/diploma and registration with suitable professional bodies would be an added advantage.
- Suitably qualified candidates are expected to be knowledgeable about the operation of the University system, and competent to advise and take executive action on matters of planning, design and management in realization of the cardinal objectives of the University.
Conditions of Service
The appointment will be for one term of five (5) years only, while salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of Registrar in Nigerian Federal Universities, as may be determined by the Federal Government and Council from time to time. The candidate shall not be more than fifty-nine (59) years at the time of application.
Method of Application
Interested candidates must forward 30 copies each of their credentials, signed and dated curriculum vitae with the following information:
- Full Name:
- Date of Birth:
- Nationality/State of Origin:
- Permanent home address:
- Postal Address:
- E-mail address:
- Marital status:
- Number of children:
- Institutions attended (with dates):
- Academic qualifications (with dates):
- Membership of Professional Bodies (with dates):
- Present employment, status, salary and employer:
- Positions held (with dates):
- Extra-curricular activities:
- Each applicant must submit names and addresses of three (3) referees who should be requested to forward their referee's reports to the Vice-Chancellor under confidential cover, not later than six weeks from the date of this publication.
- Referees are please requested to state the strengths and weaknesses of candidates.
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates are required to submit 30 copies each of their application letter and comprehensive curriculum vitae (attaching photocopies of relevant credentials) under confidential cover in an envelope sealed and marked "POST OF REGISTRAR, UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA" and addressed to:
University of Abuja,
P. M. B. 117,
Note: Those who have served as Registrar in any University in the past eight (8) years or who are currently serving as Registrar need not apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale