Vacancy in a Legal Services Firm
Posted on: 18 August, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Law / Legal
View All Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is a fully serviced legal practice established in 1980 and has over the last three decades earned a reputation of consistently exceeding expectations.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job opening ID: 7
- The role of a litigation lawyer will come with active hands-on experience in cases done in various state and federal trial courts, including specialized courts, tribunals and appellate courts across Nigeria. He /she is expected to be comfortable in the areas of constitutional, commercial, shipping and aviation, oil and gas, trade, labour and industrial disputes etc.
- Litigation is the resolution of disputes falling in the corporate and commercial sectors, such as banking transactions, civil fraud, corporate governance, asset and venture capital projects, financial services regulation, mergers and acquisitions, share capital re-organizations and professional negligence.
- The candidate would be part of drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements
- He /she would be actively involved in dispute resolution for companies, from both a commercial and legal perspective
- Candidate would be part of the initial case investigation/assessment
- He / she will be in charge of drafting pleas and motions on behalf of the plaintiff or defendant.
- As part of his responsibilities, candidate will be part of depositions and interogations. Candidate would also draft and argue discovery-related motions including motions to compel, protective orders and summary judgment motions.
- Will consult with and advise clients; retain expert witnesses; attend pre-trial conferences and develop a trial strategy based on the facts and evidence. Will also conduct pre-trial depositions of experts and key witnesses; prepare demonstrative to be used as trial exhibits; and draft and argue pre-trial motions.
- Will collaborate with experts and clients to craft a trial theme, identify strengths and weaknesses in a case; develop persuasive arguments; prepare witnesses for testimony and draft and argue trial motions.
- Candidate should have worked in an SAN firm consistently after NYSC.
- Candidate should have continuous experience in litigation.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent mastery of oral and written English.
- Candidate should be able to work under pressure.
- Candidate should be able to work with no supervision.
- Attention to detail is a definite requirement.
- Work experience 6-8 years experience post call to bar.
- Attach doc BRIEF for Litigation Lawyer.doc
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hamilton Lloyd and AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Front Desk Managers at Jade & Stone Solicitors
- Legal Vacancy at EZ37 Solutions
- Business Development Manager at a Reputable Law Firm - Bradfield Consulting
- Job Vacancies at a Fast Growing Law firm
- Business Development Manager at a Reputable Law Firm - Bradfield Consulting Limited
- Legal Consultants at Imani