Experience: 5 years
Contract length: 9 months
Job Field: Livelihood
Location: Damboa, Konduga
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit Security / Intelligence
The Security Officer role is to help in development of DHCBI Security Manager on management of staff safety and security of properties. He/she will work across existing and new programs of the organization. The Security officer will discharge his/her assignment under the direct authority and technical guidance of the DHCBI Security document. From time to time will work with Field Coordinators in ensuring DHCBI programs, staff and assets remain safe and secure from threats.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily & weekly security updates on incidents, trends and risk mitigation.
- Responsible for advising project Coordinators in their regions of the risks associated with staff working in complex and dynamic security environment in the North East, Nigeria.
- Liaise with other security actors in safe access to program areas
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and overseeing the day to day conduct of office security program, ensuring adequate responses to security incidents both natural and man-made.
- Provide daily technical security advice to staff
- Conduct security risk assessments, physical security, fire safety and office evacuation drills periodically
- Establish a network with other key security players for information gathering and sharing on security matters.
- Conduct onsite training for staff in the field of safety including personal safety, emergency evacuations, travel safety, relocation and evacuation Work with program staff.
Briefing and De-Brief:
- Develop and deliver location specific safety and security briefings for all visitors on operating context New Employee Briefing
- Deliver security orientation on personal safety, organizations and security management
- Post-incident debrief – de-briefing staff /visitors involved in security incidents and help in psychosocial support as well as identifying medical help.
Relocation & Evacuation:
Plan for both security and medical evacuation for all locations and develop evacuation plan including roles, relocated staff, collection points, routes etc.
Knowledge, skills and attribute:
- Experience working for international organization(s) and an understanding of security strategies for humanitarian operations, previous security experience preferred.
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
- High level of experience, ready to learn developing security related technical tools guidelines and systems.
- Able to work under minimal supervision
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A formal security qualification or security management training work experience in complex environments (minimal 5 years)
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi ethnic team
- Experience and knowledge of personnel and organizational security issues,
- Threat/risk assessment, security management and security awareness in complex context.
- An ex-service man either from the Nigeria military or Police context or related field work in the North East.
- Experience in incident reporting, incident mapping, compilation of security reports and assessments
- Experience in training and coaching staff in safety and security.
- Strong report writing, analytical and interpersonal skills, competency in internet and Microsoft office systems including word, excel, power point, access and other database mapping systems
Fluency in English both written and oral
Computer/Other Technical Requirements:
Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.