Mott MacDonald is a £1.1 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 170 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
The Education Sector Support Programme in Nigeria (ESSPIN) is a six-year UK government funded programme designed to provide strategic technical assistance to support education reform at Federal level in up to 7 Lead States. The ESSPIN State Administrative Officer will provide administrative and logistical and technical team liaison support services to the State Administrator, other members of the State Technical Team, and both long and short term consultants working in the State.
- Assist the State Administrator in maintaining the office filing system, for both electronic and hard copies; also provide assistance to the State Knowledge Management Specialists and members of the State Technical Team in maintaining records of relevant programme activities and documentations within the state;
- Work with the State Technical Specialists in maintaining a communication network with key stakeholders within the State whilst ensuring that regular contact and information is passed about developing issues between the State and Abuja via email and telephone;
- Assist with the development of a list of preferred providers of accommodation and training facilities across the State with cost guidelines;
- Take responsibility for all logistic arrangements for both long and short term technical specialists working on the programme at State levels;
- Assist the Technical Team in preparing budgets for training events where directly sponsored by the programme and preparing and disbursing the necessary subsistence and transportation budget and allowance respectively;
- Assist the finance officer by providing relevant financial information to inform the production cash flow forecasts etc as relates to state based workshops and other relevant programme activities - Provide logistical and IT support to the State Technical Teams during workshops and seminars;
- Perform basic office IT troubleshooting functions
- Task manages the day to day work of the Office Assistant
Required academic/professional qualifications, training and experience
- Proactive approach to dealing with Technical Specialist’ logistical and training needs
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven communication skills
- Excellent IT skills and confidence/proficiency in all Microsoft packages (2003/2007) especially Microsoft Power Point
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure and solve problems whilst retaining the support of colleagues and technical specialists alike
- Proven IT troubleshooting abilities
- An interest in the technical work taking place under the programme.
- Willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the company in other duties as required.
- Educated to first degree level or equivalent
- Relevant professional qualification in administration/office skills/ICT
- Previous experience in providing administrative support to a programme team highly desirable
- Previous experience in relating with ministries and relevant government parastatals in the course if working with a programme would be an added advantage
- Previous experience of working within a multi-national team highly desirable.
- Fluent spoken and written Hausa is highly desirable
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.