Vacancy in a Nigerian eCommerce Firm
Posted on: 13 August, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Online Sales / Marketing
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a major online retail store to recruit a Head/Director of Retail.
Our client is a major player in the Nigerian eCommerce space
- The Head/Director of Retail reports to the CCO but will also work closely with the CEO and CFO.
- Works with the CEO and other Heads of Function to influence the creation and communication of company strategy, business priorities and targets for the Regional Teams and ensures there are systems in place to enable the shop managers to receive the information in a timely manner
- Generates ideas about future retail activities to ensure a cutting edge strategy maintains up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends
- Translates the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit; identifies and optimises promotional opportunities ensuring these are coordinated with wider Mind promotions and campaigns
- Ensures that the retail operation complies to all policies and procedures relating to Security, Health and Safety; influences any changes necessary to meet statutory requirements, ensuring minimum risk to staff members and the business
- Proactively manages and reviews the performance and progress of Regional Managers and their regions, sets objectives and targets; works with Regional Training Manager to develop individual training plans for the team
- Develop retail vision, strategy and plan to drive top-line growth and bottom-line profitability.
- Execute retail operations, staff, train, audit, prevent payroll loss, schedule, market and fulfill orders smoothly.
- Develop and understand competitive solutions with Market Intelligence and Market Development teams.
- Handles retail division and operational initiatives and financial goals.
- Develop pricing models, policies and rate sheets for Retail services with Finance and Market Development team.
- Oversee and build sales, budgets, projections costs and overhead.
- Get new business development ideas
- Define business plan and Retail Services roadmap by working with management of Business Unit and PayPal stakeholders.
- Define key product positioning attributes and translate in sales, go-to-market and communications tools by working with Marketing team.
- Extensive business experience including relevant multi site gained within the retail/charity shop sector.
- Experienced in managing relationships at a senior level and managing a diverse (in terms of skill base and experience) team of people.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against a business strategy
- Must possess a track record of increasing and sustaining sales growth and profitability even in challenging market conditions such as the current economic climate
- Candidates should have at least 5 years retail eCommerce experience, and 8 years in buying and / or sourcing functions with at least 4 of those years operating at a senior level
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Commercially sound with a good understanding of profit and loss accounting and the influence of operating factors e.g. volume v price
- Excellent organisation skills, able to prioritise
- A collaborative team player concerned with the team success as well as individual Performance
- Visible Leadership skills can motivate others to achieve
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Customer Care Representative at Obeezi
- Ongoing Recruitment at Cheki Nigeria
- Product Manager at MallForAfrica.com
- Job Vacancies at The Vane
- Sales Vacancy at Supermart.ng
- Human Resource Opportunity at Jumia Nigeria
- Sales Representative (In-store) at David Wej
- Career Opportunities at Kiakiagas.com