After the former multinational Air Afrique bankrupt in 2002, air transport in Africa became more difficult, with serious problems for goods and people traffic in West and Central Africa.
Aware of these difficulties, the Conference of Heads of State and Government of the Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS) and the West African economic and monetary union (UEMOA) gathering in Niamey in Niger on January 10, 2004, decided to have a private, competitive, cost-effective airline offering all guarantees of safety and security for the region.
Following this decision, the Executive Secretariat of ECOWAS, the Ecowas Bank of Investment Development (EBID), the UEMOA Bank Of Development (BOAD), the Central Bank of West Africa States (BCEAO) and ECOBANK group met at the headquarters of BCEAO in Dakar on August 29, 2005 and decided to create a company for the promotion of the next Community Airline.
In September 2005, the company for the promotion of a regional airline (SPCAR) was created and led to various feasibility studies; market studies, sought various financial and strategic partners and took the steps that led to the establishment in November 2007 of ASKY.
ASKY Airlines offers direct flight between Nigeria (Abuja / Lagos) to other West African nations like Togo, Ghana, etc.
ASKY Airlines is recruiting to fill the position of:
The Sales Executive will:
- Prepare and implement the commercial action plan for the market
- Analyze and evaluate the transportation needs and revenue potentials from all sources and recommend as appropriate plans to meet these needs.
- Carry out sales visits to travel agencies, corporate clients and solicit business to meet sales targets.
- Monitor performance against targets and ensure actions are in place to achieve these targets.
- Identify sales opportunities and recommend actions to take advantage of these opportunities
- Identify and implement sales activation activities in the market and evaluate their effectiveness
- Point out areas where advertising, promotions and publicity support is required to achieve sales objectives.
- Supervise and manage relationship of Key corporate and travel agent accounts in order to increase revenue
- Review sales resources available, determine skills needed to be an effective sales force, and manage / coach to deliver best results, including provision of local training & development on new technology and equipment
- Ensure the highest level of customer service delivery at the CTO and ATO
- Responsible for the management, coaching and appraisal of the commercial team at the ATO and the CTO
- Manage the relationship with all contracted marketing agencies and all PR activities in connection with advertising and media
- Prepare and submit all sales reports for the market
- Keep all sales monitoring data up to date
- Ensure up to date dissemination of information to all stakeholders in the market (travel agencies, corporate clients, general public) by creating and maintaining up to date a database
- Provides sales support to the distribution network by liaising with other departments such as CRC, pricing, communication, finance, etc.
- Be at least 30 to 35 years old
- Hold Diploma or Bachelor degree in sales or marketing management
- 3 years experience in a sales or commercial position
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to work in a team.
- Have initiative and good analysis skills
- Experience in the airline industry and French speaking will be an advantage
- Knowledge of SITA will be an added advantage.
- Have a driving license
Method of Application
Send your application to the following address: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must include:
- A letter of motivation
- A curriculum vitae
- A copy of birth certificate
- A copy of certificate of nationality
- Copies of all diplomas and certificates
Note: For applications sent by post office, please clearly indicate the position you are applying for on the envelope and send to:
B.P. 2988 Lome,
Only selected candidates will be contacted.