We have been retained by a leader, within its niche in the oil and gas industry, at both the national and global levels. Our client, a company with strong reputation behind it and a bright future ahead of it, requires the services of a highly skilled, self-motivated and dedicated professional ready to work under his/ her own initiative, putting in enormous effort and long hours, with tenacity to achieve results for the position of Company Accountant
Accounts and Financial Reports
- Maintaining financial data, records and information for financial reporting;
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts and other reports required by Management;
- Preparation of Annual statutory accounts;
- Managing internal control procedures and compliance with financial operational procedures;
- Supervising account payables to ensure that purchasing and payment procedures are complied with;
- Managing account receivables;
- Managing staff advances and retirement;
- Managing staff payroll;
- Managing statutory deductions and remittances to tax authorities; and
- Providing advisory services to top management on areas of finance operations.
Budgets and Financial Planning
- Managing budgets and other controls, including Annual budget for Client approval;
- Ensuring that financial commitments are in alignment with approved budget;
- Highlighting areas of budget variance for Management review;
- Liaising with the Client on Finance and budget to resolve areas of dispute; and
- Managing financial planning leash management; investment management.
External Finance-Related Activities
- Liaising with External Auditors for Financial Year end audit;
- Managing relationships with the banks to ensure quality services are provided for the company; and
- Laising with Tax authorities.
- Degree in Accounting, Sciences, Engineering, or other closely related field,
- 10+ years' experience, 2 of which must be in a similar role, in the oil and gas industry,
- Must be a Chartered Accountant,
- Must be a registered professional with the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria, .
- Familiarity with, and ability to present, IFRS - Based financial reports is critical,
- High level of professlonalism, courage, accountability, and personal integrity,
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication, and presentation skills;
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and proactive,
- Strong critical thinking skills and capable of anticipating organizational needs,
- Aptitude and attitude for compliance, ethical behaviour, and decision-making, .
- Candidate must be fully conversant with Budgeting,
- Forecasting, Cost & Credit Control, Margin Analysis, Costing &
- Profitability Analysis and Management Reporting, and
- Must be versed in dealing with Banks and Financial Institutions.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply within 2 weeks providing full career and compensation details along with personal contact information to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale