The UBA Group is a highly diversified financial services provider, with business offices in New York, Paris and a subsidiary in London. A leading player on the African continent, UBA has significant market share and operations in 19 different African countries.
The Group has a strong retail franchise across the continent offering its more than seven million customers a bouquet of products and services tailored to meet their different financial needs.
UBA Group has presence in 19 African countries with over 15,000 employees.
- Functionally reports to: Group Treasurer
- Administratively reports to: CEO UBA Africa
- To oversee and manage the Treasury activities across the 18 African subcidiaries of UBA.
- To ensure that the Bank meets its liquidity, profitability and solvency goals, in line with statutory requirements and the Bank’s internal limits and guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop an efficient and effective treasury practice that supports the Bank’s overall objectives of customer satisfaction and growth in business volume
- Develop an Integrated Treasury which is responsive to the Group’s needs, profitable, focused on cost optimization with enhanced liquidity and good risk management practices (Basle II compliant )
- Develop assets and instruments that will surpass the investment expectations of all the Bank's chosen markets
- Strengthen the reach, depth and sophistication of UBA Africa Treasury’s interface with the markets
- Explore and capitalize on synergies within the Group structure to develop partnerships with correspondent banks and other institutions
- Advice UBA Africa management on regulations, statutory policies and markets.
- Monitor and analyze development in the various operating environment in Africa and their implications on the Group's portfolio
- Manage the Bank’s open position across Africa.
- Liaise with the country CEOs to forge and implement market development initiatives in line with local regulations and other market realities.
- Expand operations to cover all the African subsidiaries and their business units.
- Coach/Mentor Country Treasurers where required
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of new businesses
- UBA Africa Business Volume
- External and Internal customer satisfaction levels
- Market share
- Customer penetration evidenced by volume/value of products per customer
- Regulatory compliance
- Margins on Trading
- Competitive pricing
- Overall responsibility for UBA Africa Budget Contribution Margin