Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting for the position of:
Job ID: 444688
Job Function: Product Segment
- Ensure delivery of quality service and advice to our Bank segment clients in all interactions for transactional enquiries, feedback, complaints, and other service-related issues.
- As a Service Partner, work together with TB Sales, OCC, Operations and other key internal stakeholders to solve client issues, identify opportunities and deliver the bank.
- Assist TB Sales in building profitable relationship with clients through (joint) client calling (if appropriate), and regular telephone contacts with clients.
- As part of the service network, provide assistance to other service teams by contacting banks locally towards resolution of enquiries and issues.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Client Service & Client Relationship Building
- Primary point of contact for bank clients for professional advice, enquiries, complaints, resolving of discrepancies and transactional errors
- Provide the highest standard of client service in response to client enquiries and complaints, so as to create improved, lasting relationships with our clients
- Resolve local clients’ enquiries and issues related to TB outbound business (first tier currencies are USD, EUR and JPY).
- Establish team operating standards (e.g. frequency of follow-up, frequency of reverts to clients etc),monitor adherence and monitor client feedback. Share and discuss this with stakeholders.
- On request of other parts of the service network, contact banks locally to obtain timely information and expedite resolution of enquiries and issues. Build relationship with operations area of banks operating locally (clients and non clients) to facilitate this.
Work in partnership with TB Sales by:
- Maintaining a coordinated approach to the clients in the portfolio
- Keeping TB Sales regularly updated of key issues and trends
- Involve TB Sales in issues as and when appropriate
- Involve in sales calls to sell our service capabilities and/or to resolve clients’ operational and service issues
- Making proactive calls on clients to improve utilisation, increase transaction volume, identify opportunities for channels and referrals for the business
- Building trusted partnership with clients at the daily transactional / operational level through regular phone calls, and face to face meetings/visits
Proactive updates on outstanding issues
- Understanding client expectations and needs for quality client services
- Conduct periodic service reviews with clients (if appropriate)
- Responsible for effective service recovery process through complaint logging and handling
- Maintain a professional SCB image through all interactions with clients
- Continually identify opportunities to improve client efficiency / performance, through e.g. optimizing channel usage, identifying service improvements, product solutions, and cross-sell opportunities
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of a 2nd Class degree in a relevant course.
- Organised and detail orientated
- Computer literate with the ability to learn client service software applications
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Good questioning skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to recognize basic styles of customer behaviour and how to adapt each style to create positive ‘chemistry’
- Able to identify and manage both transactional and operational risks
- Ability to work under pressure
- Intermediate level cash and trade product/processes knowledge
- Sound CIC banking operations experience including channels an advantage
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.