Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Branch Operations & Support
* Responsible with Branch Manager for the setting of branch operations objectives, performing their respective appraisals as well as their training / development.
* Responsible for achieving the satisfactory grades in branch audits.
* Responsible for the provision of support, advice and guidance to the branch network regarding all areas of operations.
* Responsible for overall maintenance of the Branch assets & Custodian of Key register
* Dual custodian for Branch vault
* Ensure the reconciliation and control of the various branch suspense accounts and that outstanding are well managed.
* Responsible for supervising the ATM custodian and ensuring proper reconciliation of ATM related accounts.
* Monitor Frauds & forgeries in the region and recommend / implement appropriate actions to minimize occurrence of the same.
* Manage/control the activities of your direct reports & ensure that they are consistently appraised, motivated & performance is optimized.
* Monitor & control branch teller differences
* Responsible for monitoring stock of stationery items in the branch
* Be an authorized checker on Filenet
* Withdrawal / deposit
* PTA / BTA sales
* TT processing & Foreign drafts
* Cash / Cash Passport Card stock control
System Admin / IT Support
* EBBS & ATM operations and control
* Provide operational support for Customer Payroll processing Product
* Responsible for implementing, & managing automated distribution channels in Branches e.g. card based services, ATM's
ensuring associated projects comply with group requirements on controls.
* Responsible for monitoring & controlling branch costs
* Responsible for Finance process re-engineering (reimbursement by H/O)
Operational Risk Policy
* Ensures all Branch operation practices comply with risk and compliance procedures & processes.
* Responsible for identifying and escalating areas of risk / loss and or system inefficiencies typically NOT covered by ORP documentation to UORM and wherever possible finding solutions to the aforementioned risks.
* Ensure completion of all Leading Key Risk Indicators/ KRI's / KCSA issues relating to the branch.
* To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management
* Act as OR Coordinator for the section
* To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
* Responsible for consolidation & submission of all Branch Operational Risk documentation to UORM.
* To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities
* Initiate and coordinate efforts in implementing new regulatory and internal policy requirements
* Responsible for ensuring the quality of ongoing monitoring and issue resolution
* Conduct the relevant risk training for the line staff.
* Act as business partner to provide OR advise on new business products and initiatives.
* Responsible for developing the relevant control measures and monitoring plans
* To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
* To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
Operational Risk Monitoring
* Ensures all Branch transactions comply with internal and external policy and regulations-responsible for reviewing the following reports:
* System ID Control Report
* Daily EOD Snapshot Report
* Branch Gateway Error Log - unprocessed transactions
Qualifications & Skills
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.