Our clients are leading business conglomerates with a major presence across diverse sectors including Consumer Products, Corporate Services and Infrastructure. For over four decades, the Group has made a significant contribution to the country as economy and inspired the trust of millions of Nigerians as a provider of quality goods at an affordable price.
The Group’s main activities are as follows:
- Household Products
- Joint Venture
- Seating Solutions
- Building Materials – Stone Coat Roofing Tiles, PVC & Gypsum Boards, Doors, Glass
- Power Solutions
- Corporate Sales and Promotions
The group’s vision and ethos are summarised as follows:
- To develop joint ventures & represent global brands from other part of the world with the company’s brand, providing customers with the proper quality and standards they seek at the best possible price.
- To work together with our trade partners and ensure there is mutual and beneficial growth for all.
- To bring out the best in all our employees, both personally and professionally, in order to achieve success for all members and the company.
- To make a difference to the community and behave and act as a company that cares.
- To continuously grow and progress
POSITION: Sales Manager – Building Materials (Door)
DEPARTMENT: Building Material Division
REPORTING TO: HOD Building Material
- Visit and prospect pre-designated carpenter segment within targeted group and follow-up on demands, Handle all product demo, inquiries related to sales.
- Prospect and acquire new sub dealers / customers in order to meet monthly sales targets.
- Develop & maintains an active customer profile database to ensure all relevant details are up to date when required properly follows all steps of the sales process to ensure compliance to set policies and procedures which includes meeting customers, identifying prospective clients, understanding client’s needs, conducting needs analysis, positioning a defined suite of products and service solutions that meet requirements, carrying out negotiations, making a formal bid, gaining commitment, acquiring the business, product delivery and post-sale follow-up.
- Understands customers’ requirements and assesses his current situation to establish product need, stock availability, credit and payment position. This includes providing technical information in relation to product performance, suitability, application versus pricing Negotiates optimum deals to acquire and retain customers in the long-term.
- Achieve set customer satisfaction targets (CSI) and preparing relevant documentation to ensure the deal is closed as per company guidelines and policies
- Explore and develop new business opportunities
- Carries out market intelligence to monitor competitors’ products, pricing and promotional activities versus own market share. This includes monitoring both project businesses (e.g. construction projects) and trade related businesses (e.g. wholesale markets) and verbally communicates a summary of his analysis of the market situation and competitor activities through monthly reports Manages.
- Take lead in product display at Dealer Point of Sale (POS) to ensure enhance visual effectiveness and fulfill signage requirements as per Customer Index (CI) norms.
- Collect payments as per set deadlines to ensure payment is received on time and customer credit is minimized
- Attends regular meetings with Line Manager and team members to discuss issues and receive new product information Seeks guidance and support from Sales Supervisor to close deals. This includes conducting client visits jointly from time to time
- Attend trade shows/carpenter association meetings and customer when required
- Communicate on potential products being used in the marketplace.
- Develop understanding of production processes and product applications to be able to provide field technical support.
- University graduate (BA or MBA), preferably in Business/Sales & Marketing.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ in doors and Building Materials generally etc key sales experience in similar industry.
- Preferably from a roofing or allied industry
- Proven track record in specification sales to architects, dealers, local authorities and main contractors.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Experience in construction and / or specialized building materials
- Highly developed research and analytical skills
- Thorough understanding of Channel & Direct Sales
- Understanding of international trading & logistics
- Must have good contacts and experience dealing with architects in the region.
- Must have experience of specifying into commercial and public sector projects.
- Must have experience of selling branded doors into architects, end-users and building contractors.
Desired Skills & Experience
· A proven track record of selling Building Materials, Roofing tiles or similar products to the dealer market and also have experience in selling to Estate Developers, Builders, architects, interior designers, Contractors, including residential and social housing, the leisure industry, hospitals and public (Govt.) buildings and State Housing projects & contractors
· Strategic/persuasive approach to business development
· Strong, disciplined “needs satisfaction” selling skills.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· MS Excel & MS Word working knowledge
· Ability to work equally on own initiative and as part of a team
· A methodical approach to work
· Attention to detail & Flexibility
· Ability to work efficiently under pressure & targets
· Technical graduate preferable
Method of Application
Attractive Salary Package with additional perks provided. If interested kindly forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th August, 2014.
Note: Only candidates from similar industries should apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.