If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
United Biscuits International is the international business unit of the London-based food manufacturer United Biscuits, which has a revenue of almost £1 bn and sells a portfolio of biscuits, crackers and snacks. UBI contributes circa 20% to UB revenue and is a key growth driver, contributing 20% to the group’s overall growth. To further accelerate this international growth, Nigeria has been identified as a key market and an investment has been made in local production capacity.
UBI is the international business unit of the London-based food manufacturer United Biscuits, which has a revenue of almost £1 bn and sells a portfolio of biscuits, crackers and snacks. UBI contributes circa 20% to UB revenue and is a key growth driver, contributing 20% to the group’s overall growth. To further accelerate this international growth, Nigeria has been identified as a key market and an investment has been made in local production capacity.
The factory is located in Lagos and will be manufacturing a range of biscuits meeting stringent UB standards and providing better quality biscuits at affordable prices to targeted consumers.
- As HR lead in the Nigeria operation, the role will allow you to act as part of the local leadership team, working with them to deliver their overall agenda, as well as working together as part of the wider HR team in driving forward the HR agenda.
- The role will be responsible for providing an integrated HR service for manpower planning and recruitment, performance management, training and development, industrial relations, compensation & benefits administration at all staff and managerial levels of the Company
- Ensure that appropriate HR policies and procedures are in place, tailored to local requirements and aligned to global framework
- Conduct Manpower Planning and manage the recruitment of management and factory labour to the approved budget and time frame
- Ensure compliance with labour and industrial laws and promote good Industrial Relations with the Union
- Ensure a fit-for-purpose reward structure with effective compensation & benefits administration and must demonstrate solid exposure of industry standards.
- Manage HR systems, payroll and records
- Build a capable and effective HR team
- Coach and support managers on all aspects of people management activity
- Agree and fulfill training and development plans to approved budget and time frame
- Support organisational change programs and integration with the wider Group
- Reports into the MD
- HR team of circa 30
- Approx 600 factory employees
- Budget management responsibility
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10 – 15 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment is essential
- Strong recent experience (5yrs) in a senior or lead HR role reporting to the MD or Director
- Experience working in a multi-national company is desirable
- Technical and professional HR knowledge including excellent labour law and industrial relations knowledge
- Proven delivery of business results through HR activities
- Good recruitment skills at all levels of management, and production workers
- Experience of compensation & benefits
- Ability to influence and operate with all levels of management
- Flexibility to travel as required
- Post-Graduate in PM/ HR or Masters Degree in Industrial & Labour Relations.
- Membership of professional bodies such as Chartered Institute of Personnel Management, or Nigeria Institute of Management would be an advantage.
- Action and solution orientated
- Strong personal drive
- Confidently and effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong planning and organisation
go to method of application »
- Job Field
Desired Skills and Experience
• To support the A&P CEO and Head of Commercial with the development and implementation of marketing plans to deliver business objectives in line with vision.
• Developing, presenting and implementing the marketing plan for the region.
• Develop all Trade Marketing initiatives throughout Nigeria
• Support developing the annual budget in terms of spend, activities etc.
• Develop and implement pan regional promotional activity
• Manage relationship with AC Nielsen, analyse data, and ensure analysis is used to optimise our business
• Develop and grow the marketing team inline with business growth and objectives
• Report regional KPI’s to the UK
• Planning for new launches: Develop a launch plan by region within Nigeria
• Setting strategy by market by channel by category: Traditional and modern trade
• Experience as Head of Marketing - experience needs to be within FMCG and Food
• Proven track record in delivery of marketing activities where share space and brand awareness has increased
• Must have experience in Nigeria
• Degree qualified and experience of managing a team, working with cross functional teams
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.