A Non-Governmental Organiztion is looking to fill the below vacancy
The Emergency Medical Nursing Officer will be responsible for providing immediate medical attention for the sick and injured. He/she will respond to medical emergencies and deliver patient care, support and evaluation on the scene and during transport to the hospital. This generally includes assessing patients, determining the proper emergency care, administering treatment and transporting patients safely to the hospital. He/she will be required to perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), provide oxygen and other medical assistance to victims of accidents and trauma. Perform medical tasks such as controlling bleeding, treating shock, assisting in childbirth, opening and maintaining airways, comfort and reassure patients and transferring them to the ambulance/hospital.
- Provide emergency and palliative care and treatment to patients such as first-aid treatment, checking of vital signs, and dispensing of medication; ensures optimal quality patient care.
- Provide basic life support.
- Provide emergency medical care and assist in emergency childbirth.
- Ride in the ambulance to the scene of accident or injury.
- Care for patients at the scene of accidents.
- Assess patient’s condition and determine a course of treatment.
- Transport patients safely in the ambulance; transfer patients to the emergency department of a hospital.
- Continue emergency care while enroute to the hospital.
- Document patient information, condition and medical care given.
- Assist in lifting and carrying the patient in and out of the ambulance and into the receiving medical facility; report observation and emergency medical care of the patient at the scene of emergency and in transit, to the receiving medical facility staff for purposes of records and diagnostics.
- Clean all equipment after appropriate disinfecting procedures have been carried out; ensure the ambulance is clean and kept in a neat orderly condition.
- Restock and replace used supplies and equipment after use.
- Make careful check of all equipment so that the ambulance is ready for the next move.
- Maintain the ambulance in efficient operating condition.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Management.
Academic qualifications, Knowledge and Technical Skills and Experience:
Suitable candidates must be a Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing; must be a registered Nurse with updated licence with Basic Life Support (BLS) training and at least 2 years of experience in an emergency care setting. The candidate must also possess:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent observational skills
- Physical strength(to lift and carry patients)
- Demonstrated ability to implement clinical care
- Knowledge in public safety and industrial health standards
- Ability to exercise sound judgement while working in a stressful environment
- Good report writing skills
- Computer proficiency is a must
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below