Career Opportunity at APM Terminals
Posted on: 7 August, 2014
Deadline: 13 August, 2014
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at APM Terminals
The A.P. Moller - Maersk Group is a worldwide organisation with about 108,000 employees and offices in around 140 countries. In addition to owning one of the world’s largest shipping companies- Maersk Line, the Group is also involved in a wide range of activities within the energy, shipbuilding, retail and manufacturing industries.
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P. Moller-Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with over 120,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and retail sectors - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Maersk (Shipping) Group is recruiting to fill the position of:
- Value and team-based leadership.
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Interact with the lines / vessel operators to obtain their planned long term schedules.Interact with the lines / vessel operators on a daily basis to have the weekly down line schedule, with at least minimum confirmed ETA for the vessels arriving in the next 48 hours.
- Create vessel schedules in EXPRESS based on the long term schedule
- Maintain service rotation and vessel call information in the Terminal Operating System
- Based on the declared ETA, create the gates opening and closing as per agreed policy for the vessels calling in at APMT and have same intimated to the lines.
- Attend the daily berthing meeting and exchange information as required.
- Ensure projections for total interchange are received from the lines as close to reality to project estimated port stay for the vessels.
- Create master berth plan with ideal vessel allocation to the berths to exercise the first come first served policy.
- Follow up with the planning for the final moves / crane splits for the incoming vessels in the next 24 hours or more and incorporate same in the berth plan for the final estimated port stay.
- In cases where congestion is foreseen communicate effectively with the lines / vessel operating agents and have clear communication flow maintained.
- Communicate the finalized berthing to all the stake holders in-house and the port users.
- Keep all involved duly informed of any changes to the vessel ETA’s immediately.
- Follow up with Maintenance on PM and CM for all shore equipment and ensure it is reflected in the berth and game plan.
- Ensure the berth and game plans are disseminated to internal and external parties, every working day by 1600hrs.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A University degree in Logistics, Operations Management, or related discipline.
- Requires at least four years of work experience in a container terminal, preferably with experience in vessel planning, vessel and yard operations, port documentation, billing, and customs.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of berthing ships, control and traffic of vessel movements, re-berthing positioning of vessels, and marine berth handlings.
- Requires in depth knowledge of berthing planning process and related documentation.
- Approach to work: Works well independently without close supervision. Adapts to changing priorities or unexpected situations. Takes ownership of work. Meet daily challenges with a positive open mind. Strive to improve deadlines for completion of operation.
- Organizational Focus: Responds to priorities and keeps informed all the loop of all the changes. Respects internal information and maintains confidentiality.
- Communication: Keeps relevant people informed shares knowledge, ideas and information openly with the organization.
- Cost Focused: Demonstrates cost consciousness. Strives to improve constantly cost control.
- Drive / Energy: Generates high volumes of relevant work, able to sustain high levels of activity. Work with businesslike approach to daily challenges. Make difference every day at work “No detail too small, no effort too great”.
- Technical / Functional: Demonstrates knowledge of technical / functional aspects of work. Provides assistance to others. Good reporting and registration capability. Ability to use the Terminal Operating System to the maximum.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about APM TerminalsSimilar Jobs
- Competent Truck Drivers at GMT Nigeria Limited
- Maintenance Supervisor at Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting Limited
- Business Development and Marketing Manager at Fosad Consulting
- Chief Operating Officer at a Logistics Firm - Quick Projects Limited
- APM Terminals Recruiting for Legal Counsel
- Latest Jobs at GUO Transport Company Limited
- GE Nigeria EID Intern Recruitment
- Treasury Specialist at GMT Nigeria Limited