Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. Ericsson is advancing its vision of being the “prime driver in an all-communicating world” through innovation, technology, and sustainable business solutions.
We now stand on the brink of fundamental innovation opportunities across industries, public services and in private life. We are moving from the information society to the Networked Society, where the primary concern is not having access to information, but what benefit you get out of it.
It took 100 years to connect 1 billion places and 25 years to connect 5 billion people. The next step is connecting things. Ericsson envisions 50 billion connected devices as a starting point for new ways of innovating, collaborating, and socializing. The result will be simplified processes, higher productivity, real-time information allowing quicker, more informed decision-making or problem solving when relevant, and monitoring.
The Networked Society changes the logic of how society works. It is our job to take the lead in enabling this, and we are shaping our decisions around that. The ICT industry can help address our world’s major concerns in climate change, health care, education, and more.
• You find us in 180 countries
• We are more than 100,000 employees
• We have more than 30,000 patents
• 40% of mobile calls are made through our systems
• More than 2 billion people globally use our networks
The Customer Project Manager Job Role purpose is to manage assigned customer projects to secure that project goals are met, customer’s expectations are fulfilled & that the customer relation is handled in the best possible way within the scope of the contract.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Ability to guide and mentor others within the project team.
- Has highly developed influencing skills. Stakeholder management & negotiation. Both with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Proactively investigates and solves complex problems that require substantial analysis by developing plans & work break down structures that align with existing procedures, techniques and methods. Within a team environment.
- Continual focus for driving effectiveness and efficiency. Service delivery & cost.
- Has highly developed interpersonal communication and engagement skills.
- Demonstrates thought leadership by way of strategic thinking.
- Excellent presentation skills (oral and written). Develop and present a message with impact.
- Proactive – sets ambitious goals and drives hard to achieve them.
- Must be able to develop metrics which clearly outline progress to Contractual deliverables which includes Financials.
- Needs to be self-disciplined and ambitious.
- Has ability to work and engage across other functional groups to achieve project contractual outcomes.
- Project Communications Management
- Project Finance Management
- Project Integration Management
- Influencing Skills
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- PMP certification (or equivalent).
- Degree qualified (preferably Engineering).
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a Project Manager with at least 3 years in a customer facing role.
- Demonstrated experience in the end to end delivery of complex projects.
- Experience within a vendor environment.
Preferred Experience Requirements:
- Relevant Domain experience (e.g.: OSS, BSS)
- Focus on IT&T or System Integration Project Managers rather than Telecommunications.
- Experience in Partner and subcontractor management
- Focus on Project Management rather than Telco experience
go to method of application »
- The IT and telecom industry is moving fast. Consumers and enterprises are driving change, and business models that once promised commercial success are being challenged. Telecom operators are focusing on transforming there operations and business support systems into flexible environments that can manage these challenges. In parallel major industry sectors such as utility, transport and health care is introducing mobility and connectivity to innovate their offerings, services and business models. The OSS/BSS solutions are in the heart of this process and we know from experience that an agile IT environment leads to improved efficiency, innovation, and customer loyalty.
- Ericsson’s Operations and Business Support Solutions have led change and created value through four generations of telecoms evolution. We offer advice to our customers how to define and manage business, process and technical needs and we offer Systems Integration services to build an e2e architecture and system landscape to support these needs.
- IT Transformation, Customer Management, Revenue Management and OSS Automation – these are just some of the areas we work with to make sure that our customers are ready to pass the next technological and business milestone.
- The Solution Architect will be part of the engagement team driving customer dialogs, identifying business needs and pain points, deliver customer value by translating the needs to e2e customer solutions.
- The Solution Architect is responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable end-to-end technical solution for the customers based on their specifications and business needs.
- Those solutions are based on the complete Ericsson portfolio and 3PP in the OSS/BSS Domain as well as the respective system integration Services.
- Close to the customer and partner with the KAM/AM in driving customer engagements by providing thought leadership, identifying and capturing opportunities, understanding customer pain points and challenges and translate them into technical solutions based also on viable business cases.
- In conjunction with the KAMs the role proactively drives customer dialogue to establish trust, build partnership, and generate sustainable business.
- The SA should be competent in handling constant change of scope and displaying leadership with respect to Ericsson resources as well as third party suppliers and subcontractors.
- As an SA you will be placed at the center of activities, entailing a high level of interaction with customers and internal organizations (Product Units, Marketing and Business Development teams).
- The role will require high performance in key dimensions like leadership, culture, ways of working, and top line growth.
The main responsibilities are:
- Develop and promote customer-centric E2E solutions in the OSS practice area and for cross practice engagements
- Analyze complex customer requirements and propose, dimension technical solution based on consultative approach securing technical solution fitting customer requirements and budget
- Responsible for short and long-term profitable business for Ericsson by being part of or work closely with the Core3 team to translate the customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offering, solutions and proposals.
- Select or propose 3rd party suppliers/products for the Customer Solution
- Working with and managing customized solutions and products, including 3rd party products.
- Drive changes in the methods, processes and guidelines within the customer organization or internally. Also acts as a leader/mentor in day to day operations to provide insights for less experienced colleagues.?
- Drive Add on sales and business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.?
- Manage teams of Solution Architect or Service Engineers in Engagements and Customer Projects to ensure high quality of our deliveries.?
- Follow up the delivered products and solutions on an agreed regular basis with the customer to keep informed about the life cycle evolvement of the implemented customer solution.?
- Contribute to build a culture & way of working characterized by proactive attitude, teamwork focus, strong performance ethics, high professionalism and high energy. Lead by example
- Increase share of customer pocket, Grow faster than the market
- Contributing to global best practice and reuse.
- Support the BU strategic decisions and product roadmaps to support the market and customer needs
- Be aware of competitors marketing and sales activities and price strategies.
- Establish strong relationship with the local, regional and global groups associated with the various solutions offerings.
- Participate and contribute in customer negotiations
- MA or BA degree in CS, EE, or a related field
- Extensive OSS and/or BSS operational experience in consulting or similar role either in telecom vendor, IT vendor, operator or consulting firm
- A change management profile, track record from building a practice based knowledge organization where building people, skills and capabilities are central.
- Leading customer transformation programs using best of breed technology and offerings complemented with partners.
- Have a proven track record as e2e Solution Architect Project Accountable in at least 3 complex OSS Delivery Implementations from start to finish.
- At least 10 years of experience in interaction with senior IT managers and C-level executives and facilitating clients in IT management settings for OSS/BSS
- Expertise in OSS business processes, frameworks and methodology, technical platform, applications and software
- Experience and in depth understanding on the management and execution of projects for application development and migration for legacy IT system in OSS/BSS
- Hands-on skill of OSS management system design, development & administration, also with deep understanding of software life cycle management (S-LCM), Cloud applications and their key characteristics.
- Demonstrated proven track record with the will and ability to adopt and learn new technologies and business models.
- Proven track record of cross organization collaboration in creation of IT and Enterprise solutions, cloud management specific objects would be preferred.
- Strong track record of consultative selling and capability of driving and negotiating large and complex deals including creating trust at C-level
- Drive sales at C-level by providing extensive experience and knowledge of customer operational setup and processes combined with understanding of technology use and the business impact in direct discussions with customers.
- Executing, prioritizing & coordinating practice engagements utilizing the preferred engagement model.
- Cultural Awareness, strong cultural awareness and excellent language skills to enable communication throughout the organization
- People leadership, senior capabilities in managing/driving a transformation of Ericsson’s go to market
- Customer presence: Ability to command the attention and respect of senior customer and industry executives, building trust. Excellent interpersonal, social and presentation skills.
- Capability to implement common processes and tools throughout a complex / multi-country organization.
- ICT Market Landscape and business environment i.e. main customer challenges and pain points, major competitors and their value propositions.
- Solution architect background in the OSS Domain ( OSS/ENIQ, SON ,CEM, CW, Inventory, Enterprise IT, EMA, ADC …)
- Strong technical experience and appreciation of market trends and issues related to OBS.
- Substantial experience of leading and delivering Products, Systems Integration and IT related projects with telecoms operators
- In depth understanding of network operators IT & VAS organization, challenges and processes
- High Networking skills and ability to interact with diverse types of people
- The ability to work effectively, within a complex organization, through influence, exceptional self-motivation, leadership and team working skills
- Team player and a 'supporting, persuading and coaching' leadership style which brings people together to form effective teams
- Open to change, change Agent / Leader, Creative, with an innovative mind-set to spot new opportunities
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Financial awareness
- Results oriented and highly motivated
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale