If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
CGIAR is a global partnership that unites organizations engaged in research for a food secure future.
The name CGIAR comes from the acronym for the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research. In 2008 CGIAR underwent a major transformation. To reflect this and yet retain our roots we have kept CGIAR as our name.
CGIAR research is dedicated to reducing rural poverty, increasing food security, improving human health and nutrition, and ensuring more sustainable management of natural resources. It is carried out by 15 Centers, that are members of the CGIAR Consortium, in close collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, and the private sector.
The 15 Research Centers generate and disseminate knowledge, technologies, and policies for agricultural development through the CGIAR Research Programs. The CGIAR Fund provides reliable and predictable multi-year funding to enable research planning over the long term, resource allocation based on agreed priorities, and the timely and predictable disbursement of funds. The multi-donor trust fund finances research carried out by the Centers through the CGIAR Research Programs.
We have almost 10,000 scientists and staff, unparalleled research infrastructure and dynamic networks across the globe. Our collections of genetic resources are the most comprehensive in the world.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Job Category: Communications
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Appointment Duration: 5 months
Job Code: FO14-017
Position Type: Non-Renewable
Recruitment Type: Local
US FLSA Status: Not applicable
- Within the framework of the Nigerian Strategy Support Program (NSSP), the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Communications Assistant to assist the Country Program Coordinator in external outreach activities.
- This is a five month, full-time position based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The Communications Assistant will be responsible in assisting with media relations and coverage, social media, seminars, and other events.
- The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the NSSP Program Leader, but will be employed directly under IFPRI's organizational host in Nigeria, the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC).
- The employer of record will be IFDC and employment policies, compensation and benefits of IFDC will apply to this position.
- Interested applicants must have authorization to work in Nigeria.
- Conduct web searches of news outlets and record and document media coverage of IFPRI, NSSP, and related stakeholders in Nigeria.
- Use social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and SlideShare to disseminate information about our program and on going events.
- Write blog posts on NSSP news and events.
- Assist in the communication and execution of monthly seminars.
- Assist in the distribution of research to key organizations.
- Update, maintain, and manage the NSSP databases and contact lists.
- Bachelor's degree in International Affairs, International Development, Communications, or a related field.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, social media, and search engines.
- Fluency in a major Nigerian language.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.