Secretary at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 1 September, 2011
Deadline: 9 September, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The ICRC is an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian organization. For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Sub-Delegation in Port Harcourt is looking for a qualified candidate with the capacity to work independently to fill in the following interesting position:
Organize and follow-up staff accommodation and travelling arrangements
Acts as receptionist for the Sub-delegation.
Execute and maintain mailing and filing of the Sub-delegation
Ensure communication between different ICRC sites, vehicles and people using mail, phone, email but also VHF and HF radio.
Use VHF, HF and phone in order to follow and report the movements of ICRC staff and vehicles
Technical certificate in secretarial or equivalent training
Good command of written and spoken English, additional language is an asset
2 years work experience in a similar position
Excellent computer skills.
DESIRED PERSONAL SKILLS:
Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
Good communication skills
Ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative
Methodical person with common sense and rigour
Strong sense of commitment and able to work over time when needed
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates/diploma/work experiences, references) to the following address, not later than 9th September, 2011.
ICRC Port Harcourt
No 46b Orogdum crescent, Off Ayaminima Street,
GRA Phase 2, Port Harcourt
N/B: Personal correspondences are non-returnable
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Only complete fuels matching with the profile will be considered.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Finance Manager at Save the Children
- Job Vacancy at Palladium Group
- Nutrition Analyst Consultant at the Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET)
- Graduate Clinical Services Provider at Marie Stopes Nigeria (MSION)
- Latest Job Openings at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Media Producer at The Education Development Center (EDC)
- HR Officer at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Supply Chain Manager at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)