PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services.
The Risk Assurance Services Data Assurance team at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is seeing significant growth in this area. To support this, we are looking to recruit a Manager with an interest in data management and data analysis to our growing team, based in Lagos and working on a variety of clients.
About the role
Businesses constantly make decisions based on the data held within their IT systems. As systems become more complex and integral to the operation and direction of the business, the importance of understanding the underlying data and information generated has never been greater. The Data Assurance team work with clients and audit teams to better understand and analyse their data for numerous and varied purposes.
The type of work is varied, from supporting an audit, helping a company visualise its data, create a business model based on a data set, or help an organisation migrate legacy data into a new business system. The premise of all engagements we undertake is to add value to the client.
We can offer:
• Variety: An impressive list of clients with different needs and issues at both a technical and strategic level.
• Opportunity: To develop your technical and business skills and enhance your business advisory, presentational and inter-personal skills.
• Support: We work as a team and support each other on a day-to-day basis. We also actively encourage an ongoing exchange of knowledge across the many specialists operating within PwC.
• Training: PwC is recognised for the quality of its training programmes that cover both technical and 'soft' (e.g. report writing) skills.
• Challenge: We work in an atmosphere where you are encouraged to be creative and imaginative with the emphasis always on serving clients' needs.
• Background and proven track record of technical experience in data mining and how this can be used for assurance or adding value to a client - e.g. Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs)
• Analytical skills - Understands and can describe typical issues surrounding the quality of data within business systems and how these can be resolved. Is able to assimilate data and provide insightful analysis to address client’s questions or problems in a timely fashion.
• Evidence of interpersonal skills – specifically a high level of interaction with business and not focussed on a back office technical role.
• Evidence of project management skills and working to budgets and deadlines
• The ability to work flexibly and effectively in different teams for varying periods of time whilst still building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels
• Identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients
• Must be able to articulate a business issue and potential impact without resorting to technical language
• Ability to multi task
• At least 7 years relevant work experience
• Good working knowledge of SQL and Access
• Good working knowledge of ACL, VBA and Excel
• Knowledge of an ERP e.g. SAP or Oracle
• Knowledge of Data Visualisation tools such as QlikView or Tableau
• Demonstrable some experience of managing teams to deliver Data Assurance assignments
• Enthusiasm for business development
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.