Edwin Drake is a specialist Oil and Gas Recruitment Consultancy operating primarily across the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry, with a strong focus on Sub-Saharan Africa. As a strategic recruitment partner, our focus is on building long-lasting relationships with candidates and clients alike, each time striving to achieve best match from both technical as well as team point of view, therefore enabling organisational and individual growth. At Edwin Drake we understand the challenges of recruiting in countries where the local content is of utmost importance such as Nigeria and Angola. This in-depth market knowledge has enabled us to build a strategic network of professionals across these regions, who are either based locally or in the Diaspora as well as expatriates with proven experience and success in these countries.
EPC organisation, highly renowned for their expertise in Pipeline EPC Projects both onshore and offshore, who are currently handling some of the most exciting and challenging Pipeline projects in Nigeria.
A vacancy has arisen for an individual to work closely with the Chief Operating Officer, and provide technical and operational assistance in coordinating and organising the operations.
As the Technical Assistant you will liaise with the following departments: Project Management, Base Management, Materials and Logistics, Procurement, Assets and Maintenance, and will assemble reports on a regular basis. These reports will enable the COO to make strategic and operational decisions; as such your in-depth engineering understanding is extremely important in ensuring accurate and relevant reporting.
You will also be responsible for:
- Preparing Client proposals
- Provide technical assistance, documentation, communication, processing, record keeping, organising and scheduling reports to the COO
- Planning with various departments to meet deadlines and targets
- Provide general administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer
- Prepare Agenda, participate in meetings and take the minutes
- Prepare technical presentations, memos, letters to suppliers, Govt Regulatory Agencies, as required
- Nigerian National, in line with Local Content Requirements
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- More than 5 years of experience in a similar function in the Oil and Gas Industry
- In-depth understanding of EPC Projects including: phases, Project Management, Project Controls, etc.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, with advanced skills in MS Office
- High personal and professional integrity, with an eye for detail and committed to delivering best results.
For more information on this career opportunity, please do not hesitate to get in touch directly. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.