Senior Field Engineer - MWD/LWD at Halliburton Energy Services
Posted on: 30 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Halliburton Energy Services
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Why Halliburton? How about global opportunities, interesting work within small cohesive teams, extensive training, and the opportunity to take your career wherever you want it to GO, with all the support and stability of a truly global organization. With more than 72,000 employees in approximately 80 countries, Halliburton is one of the largest and most respected energy services companies in the industry. Since 1919, our customers have relied on our industry-leading technologies, scientific expertise and, most importantly, our knowledgeable and experienced professionals to help them meet the world's demand for energy. Whether you are a new graduate seeking your first job, or an experienced professional looking to make a career change, we have fantastic opportunities across our organization. Are you ready to GO?
- Under broad supervision, provides on-site supervision of the Logging While Drilling (LWD) process including tool preparations, data acquisition, log generation and Quality Control (QC), and delivery of the services to the customer.
- This is the lead position on most jobs and takes the lead to ensure all data presented to the customer is accurate, timely and meets the highest service quality standards possible.
- Takes the lead to ensure that expected and needed data, including possible problems, are provided to the customer. Takes the lead to provide technical consultation to all of Halliburton's clients.
- These areas include mud hydraulics, Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA) planning, pore pressure analysis, formation evaluation, drilling tendencies, the mud system, and BHA dynamics.
- Ensures the proper testing of all tools and equipment before, during, and after each job.
- Identify and correct operational problems to prevent or minimize service impact.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of all required forms, databases (i.e., Service vouchers, lost/damaged equipment, radiation site survey, End of Job Customer Survey (EJCS) report, First Alert Database (FAD)/Correction, Prevention and Improvement (CPI)).
- Ensures that BHA's are assembled as planned including correct make-up torque, doping and handling.
- Aware of client's requirements regarding surveying procedures.
- Leads the effort to interface with the Directional Driller (DD) to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct tool face references are applied.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives as required by the Company.
- Ensures all the equipment, personnel, and resources needed to perform the service is available.
- Must be proficient in the use of LWD computer software and be able to provide advice and analysis to the client representative at the work site.
- This shall include all survey calculations, Log generation, basic geosteering services and data Quality Control (QC). Ensures a daily LWD report is completed and copied to client's offshore and onshore drilling teams and to the LWD Coordinator.
- Where required, responsible for submitting an accurate daily cost for the LWD Services.
- Assists in the evaluation of individual performance levels of onsite LWD personnel.
- Assists in training and development of junior offshore personnel.
- Fosters teamwork among all personnel involved in the performance of the service.
- Job role contributes directly to value creation.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Science, Geology or other technical discipline, or equivalent drilling/rig experience.
- Requires a mminimum of three years LWD experience and a minimum of one year experience as a Field Prof-LWD, II.
- Must have successfully passed company tests or met task guideline requirements.
- Must have met the minimum competency requirements for the Field Professional-LWD, II.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to standards required.
- Must possess good communication skills, arithmetic, data entry, and recording skills.
- Able to provide service and interpretation on all tooling available in the country assigned.
- Must possess relevant offshore certificates as required.
- This is a field position.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
Method of Application
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Halliburton Energy ServicesSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at an Upstream Oil & Gas Company - Smart Partners Consulting Limited
- Hydraulic Fracking Specialist at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Ongoing Recruitment at TOTAL Nigeria CONT.
- Ongoing Recruitment at TOTAL Nigeria
- Fresh Vacancies at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Client Account Manager at A Multinational Oil And Gas Company - Aldelia Limited
- Experienced Accountant at Resdepm International Limited
- Maintenance Engineers at Hobark International Limited (HIL)