Job Openings at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Posted on: 12 December, 2019
Deadline: 26 December, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
Location: Yola-Adamawa with frequent travels
Contract type: Expatriate
Start Date: 1st February 2020
Overall Purpose of the Role
- The HR Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that DRC Human Resources Management strategy and functions are carried out effectively across the country through optimized service delivery.
- The most senior HR role in country, it advises management team on strategic and operational HR stakes key to the achievement of the country programmatic objectives.
- People planning: Ensure that the country have included human capital planning as part of annual planning and budgeting. Support managers to design and manage staff forecasts and succession plannings
- Capacity development : Build the capacities of HR staff in country to effectively perform their duties and partner with managers
- Recruitment : Support management and Regional/ HQ HR with recruitment for selected business-critical positions while using proper
- Onboarding : Ensure adequate induction and onboarding is provided for new staff at country level based on relevant DRC policies and guidelines as well as other regional specific requirements
- Well-Being: Ensure that all staff have access to an Employee Support Service when and where needed. Keep a watch and lead the change for all well-being aspects (R&R, working & living arrangements, etc)
- Performance and development: Support managers to implement probation period management feedback and annual appraisals. Build the capacities of the managers in management/ coaching. Support managers to deal with issues in their teams.
- Administrative support : Ensure that HR in country can provide essential administrative support functions efficiently and compliant with the local law and DRC rules and regulations : work contracts, payroll, etc
- Respect of the Code of Conduct and Internal Rulings: Ensure that the working environment provides the opportunity for staff to report misconduct.
- Treat any report of misconduct with the utmost care and responsibility. Ensure all misconducts are properly investigated. Support decision-making and communication when and where needed
- You are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- A master's degree in a relevant field (HR, Business Administration, etc.)
- Minimum 3-5 years' working experience in Human Resources within an international humanitarian or development organization
- Demonstrable strategic HR experience (global workforce planning, development of HR processes);
- Highly collaborative and able to establish positive working relationships with senior level management and all other stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity;
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Previous work experience with DRC
- Have knowledge of ERP applications
- Contract length: 12 months with possibility of extension, subject to funding and Performance. Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for expatriate staff. This position is under Employment band N.MG level 1
- Duty Station: Yola, Non-family, Unaccompanied Position
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates;Please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
- Applications sent by email will not be considered.
- If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact our job support at drc.no/jobsupport.
go to method of application »
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
- Maintain standard DRC procurement policies and procedures and ensure that procurement is conducted in a fair and transparent manner, is fully documented and is in full compliance with DRC policies and any relevant donor policies.
- Support the procurement team leader on RFQ process.
- Do the local procurement and ensure accountable and efficient procurement service provision to program and support departments.
- Ensure that the lead-time for ordering and delivery of goods is followed up and achieved.
- Respect and maintain the filing system from the receiving of the purchase request to the payment.
- Follow up with logistics to ensure that Clearance is done for field supply.
- Follow up with fleet department to ensure additional request for vehicle is communicated.
- To be successful in this role we expect you to be honest, strongly motivated by humanitarian work, disciplined and team oriented.
- Any other task assigned by the AM, Procurement Team Leader, Procurement Coordinator.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- University degree in Supply Chain Management/ Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration.
- At least 1-year work experience in Supply Chain
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas)
- ERP working experience is an added advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Willing to meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and respond when emergency supply is requested in the field offices
- Autonomous and ready to take initiative to improve within her/his area of responsibility
- Fluency in written and spoken English and any local language.
- Good communication and teamwork spirit.
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager” only.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- The position is for NIGERIAN NATIONALS ONLY.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Danish Refugee Council (DRC)Similar Jobs
- Senior Programme Officer at Neem Foundation
- Job Opportunities at The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- WPE Program Support Officer at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Drivers at Malaria Consortium
- Fresh Jobs at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
- Job Openings at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Jobs at DKT International
- Menstrual Hygiene Management Officer at Save The Slum Initiative