The Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI), a parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD), was established in 1980 to develop the human resources needs of the Agricultural Development Programmes (ADPs) across the nation. Over time the Institute has been developing capacity in all areas of agriculture and rural development for public, private and non-governmental organizations. The Federal Government of Nigeria is currently embarking on a vibrant transformation of its agricultural •sector with a sharp focus on agribusiness development, commercialization of Agriculture, to drive food security and promote growth and job creation, The core strategy is to drive agriculture as a business rather than being considered as a development programme. Against this backdrop, an aggressive capacity building programme will be implemented through ARMTI to develop the human resources needed by the ongoing Agricultural Transformation Agenda (ATA) being implemented at the Federal, State and Local Government levels. Consequently, the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, is desirous of engaging a suitably qualified, young, purposeful, vibrant, selfless and dedicated Executive Director/Chief Executive for the Institute.
Agricultural and Rural Management Training Institute (ARMTI) is recruiting to fill the position of:
The Executive Director/Chief Executive will be required to:
- Transform ARMTI into a worid-Class Agricultural and Rural Management Institute, and drive institutional reforms to generate significant resources for the Institute;
- Advise the Governing Board of the Institute on matters relating to management, training, research and consultancy in the Agricultural and. Rural sectors of the economy;
- Design and execute appropriate training programs, research and consultancies;
- Be responsible forthe day4oday management and administration ofthej Institute;
- Liaise with national, international organizations and institutions in the area of Agriculture and rural management training, reseah and consultancy;
- Ensure that the quality and standard of training, research and consultancy provided meet dients* needs;
- Coordinate agricultural management training and contribute to thea agricultural transformation policies of the Federal Government of Nigeria;
- Convene and host periodic meetings and workshops with the staff of the Institute on appropriate way of improving the training needs of releval cadres in Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of Agriculture;
- Ensure timely delivery of quality capacity building to the agricultural sta and professionals in the sector and deliver semi-annual reports, flnanci statements, audit reports to the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rur Development
- Organize impact evaluation, beneficiary assessment of the training and capacity building of the various trainings of the Institute towards the attainment of the Agricultural Transformation Agenda (ATA) and;
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Governing Board.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- The candidate must possess a minimum qualification of a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in social sciences, agricultural economics or management sciences from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years past doctorate working experience.
- He/she must have relevant experience in planning and conducting management training programmes, research and consultancy in the agriculture sector.
- The candidate is also expected to demonstrate leadership qualities and be able to develop effective working relationships with professional, and carry subordinates along.
- A strategic planner, able to reposition the Institute for greater performance, based on demonstrated experience in transforming institutions.
- Must have excellent human resource management capacity.
- Demonstrated capacity to mobilize resources and develop effective strategic partnerships.
- Evidence of strong scholarly publications.
- Show evidence(s) of having worked in similar institutions and details of accomplishments with relevant deliverables fri capacity building, resource mobilization, research and consultancies in Agriculture, other related fields.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send in ten (10) soft and hard copies of application and curriculum vitae(CV) detailing their experience in management training, research and consultancy in the agricultural and rural sector. The application should be accompanied with photocopies of credentials and addresses of three (3) referees and request the referees to forward their references to the FMARD, Abuja.
All application should be addressed to:
The Honourable Minister,
Federal Ministry ofAgriculture and Rural Development.
Attention: Director, Human Resources Management