Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technician at Diadem Consults Ltd
Posted on: 10 December, 2019
Deadline: 17 December, 2019
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Diadem Consults Ltd
Diadem Consults Ltd is a solution and service provider to complex development, health and environmental problems. The company is wholly Nigerian owned and was established in 2010 by an energetic and qualified team of professionals from various disciplines to enable it provide cutting edge service delivery in Nigeria. The company is divided into operational units; health research including monitoring and evaluation, ICT/geographic information system, health commodities (drugs, lab consumables and hospital equipments) and logistics/supply chain management.
The Laboratory Scientist will coordinate the laboratory team to effectively support all programs and clinical activities within the communities and the OSS One stop shop.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take samples and perform medical laboratory investigations requested by the clinical staff in the clinic and within the community.
- Adhere to and practice use of universal precautions and proper waste management at the clinic.
- Take inventory of laboratory supplies and ensure adequate stock levels for essential commodities
- Maintain the confidentiality of clients and accord them dignity
- Document information and maintain daily logs and laboratory equipment record books.
- Keep laboratory equipment operational and following the operating instructions
- Perform quality control tests and calibrate laboratory equipment where applicable.
- Liaise with clinical staff for viral load sample collection and optimization for all clients enrolled into the program
- Undertake other activities as assigned by the Clinician and technical officer.
- Level of Education – Bachelors with 4 years experience or Master’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science with 2 years experience
- Current registration with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria
- Effective Laboratory Quality Management System skills
- Experience in public health and infectious diseases
- Effective Laboratory data management and research literacy skills
- General Communication, supervisory and interpersonal skill level – Excellent
- Language requirements – English – excellent
- Level of IT expertise required – good
- Desired number of years of prior experience in a similar role – 3 to 5 years
- Effective organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Ability to work well individually and in a team
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Diadem Consults LtdSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Jobs at Platinum Careers
- Job Openings at Ralds & Agate
- Service Engineer at a Telecommunications Industry - Phillips Outsourcing
- Accountant at Kloverharris Limited
- NYSC Corps Member (Front Desk) at Strugz
- Warehouse Supervisor at Rovedana Limited
- Fresh Jobs at Owens and Xley Consults
- Manager at Ascension Consulting Services