Field Systems Engineer at Cobranet Limited
Posted on: 29 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View Jobs posted same day
Cobranet Limited was incorporated in 2003 and began its operations to provide the Nigerian Market with a reliable Internet Service and meet the requirements of the market, positioning itself as a leader in providing Internet Solutions and as a provider of choice.
Cobranet Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
- The main purpose of the job is to provide professional and quick resolution to technical issues that affect user experience.
- These issues might include slow speed complaint, bandwidth abuse by users on clients LAN, virus infection and security threats.
- The engineer is to ensure that proper recommendations are made for bandwidth management tools, recommend UTM devices that can help optimize service and improve user experience at client end.
- In addition, the role also includes network implementation for clients using different high end routers and switches.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or Higher National Diploma in Computer Science/Engineering, Information & Communications Technology, or related discipline from a reputable institution
- Relevant professional certifications CCNA, CCNP, MCITP, Security, and ITIL will be of advantage
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years work experience preferably in a similar position.
- Installation / Configuration/troubleshooting experience in networking equipments like Firewall / Router / Switches.
- Hands-on experience working on UTM products such as Cyberoam, Gateprotect etc.
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, and Internet standards
- Basic understanding of VPN, DNS / Email / Web protocols.
- Extensive application support experience
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
- Good knowledge of Lagos routes and environs with valid drivers license.
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to engage in consultative discussions with clients, establishing needs, opportunities and solutions.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Posses a valid driver's license and ability to navigate around Lagos.
- Report daily at one of the company's outstations and proceed to assigned jobs
- Mondays to Friday, 8am to 5pm daily
- Task might require putting in extra hours, which attract extra pay
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Jobs at a Leading Telecoms Company - UConnect Human Resources Limited
- Job Openings at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Printing Pre-sales Technical Consultant - Graduate At Hewlett Packard (HP) Inc
- Business Development Manager at EdgeBase Technologies
- Digital Marketing Executive at Aiotaq Integrated Solutions
- CCNA / A+ Instructor at HiiT Plc
- Job Openings at Swift Talk Limited
- Senior/Lead Dev Architect at Alfred & Victoria Associates