Amazing Brains Tutors is looking for a strong Web developer to join its lean and powerful team in a position that will challenge your brain to its full potential!
This role will offer you an opportunity to work with a unique team in building the largest connected student platform. All this in a great working environment, with tons of creative control.
The person we are looking for has the following:
- A passion for The Web.
- Experience in developing at least one complex client side application.
- A good understanding of what's going on in the backend.
- Ability to dive into PHP MVC and take it forward.
- Knowledge on how to use object oriented design patterns in developing PHP.
- Ability to understand mobile web and its challenges.
- Desire to own products and features from the stage of inception and all through and beyond shipping.
- Ability to collaborate with our US colleagues over features and projects regularly.
What we offer you:
- A grand vision of actually making a change in the world!
- Best of the best practices in a creatively independent environment.
- Love and understanding that only 1% of the 1% can give.
- An engineering culture of excellence!
- So much more.
go to method of application »
- Do you have the vision for what it takes to build a world class software platform and the drive to make it happen?
- Are you passionate about creating high performance platforms that other developers love to use?
- Do you strive to make yourself and those around you better?
- Are you never satisfied with the status quo?
- Have you experienced Agile and now there is no turning back?
- If this describes you, than keep reading, we might have the perfect job for you.
What we are looking for:
- Complacency has no place here. You must be passionate about creating exceptional solutions.
- Success is contagious. If you have it, we want to catch it.
- You have to have done this before. We need at least 5 years of software development experience.
- For a portion of that time, you will have created API's and platforms or libraries for other developers.
- Without Vision the software will perish. If you have that vision for your solutions and can't wait to share it with others we want to hear it.
- Design patterns get you excited and put your friends to sleep.
- Easier is faster. Consistent well designed platforms are your specialty.
- You can't work alone. We need people who work in teams and with teams across the country and the world.
- Nifty code is great but we need you to teach others how to excel.
- We build the service platform that powers enables Amazing Brains Tutors to deliver quality services to our Students. You need to be excited about the opportunity to influence.
- If OO, RDBMS and N-Tier actually mean something to you, then we want you to tell us more.
- While we like teaching,managing/mentoring, we need you to have been contributing code also, and it needs to be significant.We can't be holding your hand. You have to be able to come up with your own solutions and
- influence others that the solution is the right way to go. At the same time it can't be 'it is my way or the highway'.
- What you say and write has to be clearly understood by all.
- Engineering is hard work, and you have to be able to enjoy solving the puzzles that this line of work throws at you.
- While experience is really important we would love to know that you also went to school to learn about engineering. If you went back to school because you love it so much, that is even better.
If this description isn't structured enough for you try this:
- 5+ years of combined experience in large scale software development with 1 year building API, platforms, or libraries other developers consume.
- Expert in JEE, REST (and related technologies), and other distributed technologies and architectures
- Exposure to and experience with NoSQL Solutions specifically Cassandra
- Expert in OO development skills, as demonstrated by having designed large scale projects
- Proficient in design patterns and distributed systems
- Demonstrated ability to influence engineers in design and implementation
- Deep understanding with modern agile development methodologies and test-driven, component-oriented iterative development practices
- Strong interpersonal skill and oral and written communication skills.
- A BSCS or BSEE is required
go to method of application »
We connect students with tutors from top universities, combining the convenience of working online with the quality of in-person tutoring. On Amazing Brains Tutors, students can get last-minute help, do regular lessons throughout the semester, or connect when a quick question arises during an assignment.
- We are looking for an engineer to play a pivotal role in building out our Site Operations team.
- You’ll be the primary point person, responsible for keeping our online learning platform up and running as our user base grows and lessons per day increase.
- Running product services and ensuring reliability, scalability, and performance of the site
- Coordinate and troubleshoot issues across the entire stack
- Provide and support solutions for all aspects of systems, networks, monitoring, and deployment
- Communicate and collaborate with all teams at Amazing Brains Tutors
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of Python programming skills (Perl, Python or Bash)
- 2+ years of experience with Haproxy, Nginx, SQL/PostgreSQL, and Redis/NoSQ
- 4+ years of experience in a 24 x 7 Linux operations environment
- Flexible and willing to adapt as new engineering challenges arise
- Passion for Amazing Brains Tutors's product and mission
- BA/BS degree with a strong academic record (or equivalent work experience)
- Bonus points for experience working with Nagios, version control systems (e.g. Git)
go to method of application »
We’re looking for a Marketing Manager to own Tutoring voice and customer communication. The ideal candidate possesses exceptional writing skills, a firm understanding of effective brand messaging, and an analytical approach to marketing. This is a unique opportunity to work in a startup environment and have a large impact on the Amazing Brains Tutors brand as we scale quickly.
- Email marketing: Lead Amazing Brains Tutors’s email marketing and engagement, including strategy, copy and analysis.
- Brand voice: Create new copy to provide compelling and effective communication about our product on amazingbrainstutors.com, and around the web (and print).
- Content management: Oversee content strategy for Amazing Brains Tutors, including blog posts, thought-leadership pieces, and student and tutor stories and testimonials.
- Social media management: Manage editorial calendar and posting, and work closely with marketing department to determine best practices for utilizing social media channels.
- Public relations: Help define PR strategy and work with communications team to drive the Amazing Brains Tutors narrative forward.
- Marketing materials: Create overview decks, proposals, and other materials to assist sales and marketing teams.
- Marketing strategy: Work with the rest of the Amazing Brains Tutors and entire marketing team to develop new customer acquisition channels for Amazing Brains Tutors.
- BA or BS degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Excellent writing and copywriting skills.
- 2-4 years experience in a marketing role.
- Passion for education technology.
- MS Office (specifically PPT and Excel).
- Deep understanding of both social media channels and best social media analytical tools.
- Experience with MailChimp, Mixpanel and other email programs.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send detailed cover letter and CV/Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale