Job REF: PBNSM 01
To lead and guide a team of Sales People in an organization. Set sales goals and targets, build a sales plan, analyse data, assign sales territories, plan sales training and mentor the members of his/her sales team, build and maintain a high performance sales organization to effectively achieve business objectives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Meets National sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
- Create and implement effective sales strategies and lead nationwide Company sales representatives toward achievement of corporate sales objectives.
Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development, sales management, budget control, compensation programs and incentive planning, while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary.
- Provide supervision through field visits, observations and measurement of results to include performance appraisals and salary reviews.
- Proactively identify changes in healthcare delivery systems, and competitive pressures to develop and modify strategies and tactics accordingly. Collecting customer feedback and market research
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Manage to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts. Compiling and analysing sales figures. Monitoring your team's performance and motivating them to reach targets
- Supervise and attend clinical meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
- Manages accounts receivables and ensures collections.
- Develop and supervise a strategic business plan in order to meet or exceed allocated sales targets.
- Develop long-term profitable customer relations through effective negotiation and relationship building techniques.
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and targets for regions/territories in support of national objectives. Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market.
- Maintains and expands customer base by counselling company sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Implements trade promotions by publishing, tracking, and evaluating trade spending.
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding your customer base. Strengthening existing pharmacy, health centre, distribution network and its augmentation.
- Possibly dealing with some major customer accounts yourself.
- Building competent, effective, and efficient and result oriented sales organization.
- Coordination with manufacturing, and supply chain function on availability and delivery of products.
- Dealing with commercial activities pertaining to sales and marketing functions, credit policy, controlling bills/receivables, incentive schemes, etc.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
Experience and Qualification
- BSc/ HND in applied/biological sciences
- Possession of an MBA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience, with at least 5 years on a managerial position in pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Must be adaptable, high spirit of enthusiasm and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Sound product knowledge
- Sound knowledge of the channels of sales.
- Capacity to be result focused, drive performance objective and deliver revenue.
- As a result of the perseverance and extra attention the job requires, the holder will have to work extended hours each day.
- Also as a result of complex nature of the different types of customers involved with, the holder must demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills.
- Because of the broad nature of the territory, the holder must demonstrate capacity to make travel decisions at short notice.
- The holder is expected to understand national regulatory requirements (NAFDAC, PCN) concerning pharmaceutical marketing and pharmacovigilance for on-the-spot defence of our practice and quality.
Any other tasks assigned by the MD/CEO.