Etisalat Nigeria commenced commercial operations on 23 October 2008 with a promise to deliver innovative and quality services in Nigeria, Since then, Nigeria has continued to witness its innovative services.
Etisalat redefined speed with the roll-out of the unique 3.75G HSPA+ network and It has continued to prove itself an innovative company keen to give its subscribers the best possible experience at the most affordable price.
Etisalat Nigeria has seen unprecedented growth in the Nigerian telecoms industry with 18 million subscribers and consistently demonstrates its core values of – teamwork, integrity, passion for excellence, empowering our people and growing our people to Nigerians as it offers them world-class telecommunications services..
Etisalat has received several awards and endorsements for its quality and innovative services. Barely six months of operations in Nigeria, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) pronounced Etisalat, Nigeria’s best network based on quality of service indices. In November 2012, Etisalat again received another award from the NCC for Excellent Customer Service. Other notable awards include - Brand of the Year award, Fastest Growing GSM Company of the Year, Best Marketing Company, Most Innovative Corporate Social Responsibility Company, Friendliest Tariff Mobile Operator, Best Telecoms Customer Service and Most Innovative Mobile Operator among others.
Indeed, at Etisalat the future is a world in which technology extends people’s reach on all fronts.
Coordinate rollout projects' plans and investigate problematic issues and persistent reoccurring radio, core and transmission delays due to capacity.
Proactively highlight and proffer solutions to failings which may cause or lead to blockage and or delay in the RAN prior to occurrence.
- Tackle implementation of any planned links (new or upgrade) whether 2G/3G in any region by investigation of the link budget or visit to sites.
- Gather required documentation & information for management on sites deployment from the regions and issues (radio, core and transmission) when requested to do so, providing solutions by coordination with other departments to resolve within technical.
- Investigate issues with vendors where delays are continuously blocking progress, reporting the status to management and the resolution.
- Report on the true status of Vendor reporting by gathering data and providing management with up to date reports.
- Visit major EMTS sites, RNCs BSCs, BTSs & Node Bs, cross checking technical designs and drawings for conformity ensuring reliability of delivery without blocking points arising in the implementation and contract process by working as liaison between affected departments.
- Provide up to date information to regional managers and the PMO report writer and cross check the reports being provided for accuracy, before being presented.
- Ensure vendors have not missed items in the BOQ on delivery items affecting the planned progress of the RAN progress, month by month and highlighting potential blocking points in the BOQ which could lead to serious delays of the RAN.
- Ensure that projects are executed to contract terms
- Monitor capacity of the critical areas relating to growth in either radio, transmission (microwave and fibre needs) and core.
- Report potential unforeseen delays of the RAN progress status to the Radio, Core and Transmission Teams
- Proactive in foreseeing major and minor blocking points ahead of the scheduled plan, proffer solutions on identified problems and agree with the vendor(s) on ways to ensure "The RAN" is delivered on time.
- Prepare report on all aspects of the network twenty four (24) hours before deadline; PPT reports as requested by the PMO reporters weekly and additional special report requests as requested by them.
- Visit sites/locations, assess issues causing delays and deploy security where needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, RAN Rollout.
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Five (5) to Eight (8) years' work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
- Strong Technical , Analytical and Documentation Skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools
- Good Time management
- Strong communications skills
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.