Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
Reports To: Head of Service
- Their primary responsibility is to ensure the provision of a service to clients ensuring that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and to restore service to clients by managing incidents to resolution. Their objective is to ensure zero missed service level agreement conditions.
- The Network Engineer (L3) / Team Lead focuses on ensuring all lines of support for complex incidents through the effective management and leadership of a team of Network Engineers.
- They ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational. In this regard they will perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts.
- Where software is a component of the solution, they will also take responsibility for ensuring that the software is installed and configured according to client requirements.
Identify problems and errors:
- The Network Engineer (L3) / Team Lead identifies problems and errors prior to or when they occur. He or she will log such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail with all the necessary.
- They liaise with all stakeholders including client IT environments, vendors, carriers and Organisation colleagues to expedite diagnosis of errors and problems and to identify a resolution.
Ensure resolution of incidents and requests:
- They investigate second line support calls assigned to them and identify the root cause of incidents and problems.
- They ensure the efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests. This could involve ensuring that repairs are carried out by coordinating product requests and liaising with other team members.
- They will also report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary.
- They take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Where necessary, they escalate requests and exceptions to the 3rd line support team.
Ensure continuous feedback:
- They provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by the Company.
- When required, they will take responsibility receiving calls and incidents at the services desk.
- They assist in analyzing, assigning and escalating the support calls.
- They also provide telephonic support to clients where required. They update incidents with progress and resolution details.
- Network Engineers (L3) / Team Leads that work shifts will be required to follow the required handover procedures for shift changes to ensure service continuity.
- They complete and maintain any shift handover schedules.
- They act as people managers to a team of Network Engineers, taking responsibility for the operational management of the team, creating and executing plans and reporting on team activities in the required forums.
- They also ensure that employees reporting to them are engaged and understand their career opportunities, by taking responsibility for the training and development of their team members.
- Network Engineers (L3) / Team Leads are also responsible for producing breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of processes.
- They identify failures and short-comings in the current processes and escalate with recommendations.
- Network Engineers (L3) / Team Leads are required to strictly comply with all processes and procedures as prescribed by the Organisation and the client when relevant.
- Their ability to communicate well and to capture all pertinent details when required will contribute to their success.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client is configured, installed, tested and operational.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when it occurs and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Take full ownership for managing the incident to resolution within the service level conditions.
- Provide telephonic support to clients when required.
- Act as a people manager to a team of Network Engineers, take responsibility for the operational management of the team, create and execute plans and report on team activities in the required forums.
- Produce breach and other reports that are necessary for the correct operation of processes.
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience.
- At least 8 years’ experience as a Technical Team Leader within the Technology Industry.
- Engineering background with CCNA/CCNP
- Information Technology Degree.
- CCIE Qualification
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrate solution and service knowledge.
- Possess sound knowledge of communications infrastructure and systems.
- Demonstrate problem analysis and solution formulation skills.
- Demonstrate service orientation.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrate proactive management.
- Possess extensive knowledge and experience in Network
- Management including configuration and implementation.
- Possess strong general knowledge of networking, IT systems, security, servers and firewalls.
- Possess leadership skills
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to change and to think innovatively.
- Display good verbal and written communication ability.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- Possess good planning and time management ability.
- Demonstrate the ability to cope under pressure.
- Passionate about enterprise-level IT solutions with a limitless willingness to learn.
- Demonstrate attention to detail
go to method of application »
Department: Facilities /Administration
Reports To: Security Supervisor
- They take their instructions from the Facilities Team Manager and work closely with the Control Room Operator. The primary goal of the Security Officer is to ensure a safe working environment at the Company by guarding, patrolling, or monitoring the premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules.
- Security operation:
- The Security Officer provides a complete monitoring support function with limited or no guidance and ensures the safety and security of employees and clients by fulfilling the following:
- Monitor and guard – they patrol the premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates. They answer alarms and investigate disturbances and circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property. They operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent admission of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Control access – these individuals monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Manage incidents - they respond to incidents alerted by the control room operator and warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary. They call the police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or the presence of unauthorized persons on site.
- Reports – the Security Officer prepares reports on operational and existing conditions, reporting abnormal and unusual conditions that develop during their daily work schedule.
- Query management – they answer and respond to and resolve any security related queries or escalate more complex queries to the relevant individual. They deal professionally with all guests and visitors to the buildings.
- The individual has a proactive approach, pays attention to detail, has adequate verbal and written communication skills and has a service-oriented aptitude
- They demonstrate a positive attitude towards work and can manage assigned job processes
- They are able to cope well under pressure and are highly organized individuals displaying the required level of discretion and professionalism when dealing with sensitive incidents
- They have good interpersonal skills and can interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders across all levels in the organization
- They display the required decision-making ability and discretion when responding to incidents and/or situations that arise
- They possess knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
Key Roles &Responsibilities
- Provide a complete monitoring support function with limited or no guidance.
- Patrol the premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Respond to incidents alerted by the control room operator and warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Prepare reports on operational and existing conditions, reporting abnormal and unusual conditions that develop during the daily work schedule.
- Answer and respond to and resolve any security related queries or escalate more complex queries to the relevant individual
- 1-2 years working experience.
- At least 1 year working experience in a related environment
- High School Certification
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Adequate verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Possess knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Service oriented aptitude.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards work and can manage assigned job processes.
- Able to cope well under pressure.
- Good organization ability.
- Displaying the required level of discretion and professionalism when dealing with sensitive incidents.
- Display the required decision-making ability and discretion when responding to incidents and/or situations that arise.
- Display attention to detail.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job title" as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after this time will be automatically rejected.