One Stop Shop Doctor at the Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS)
Posted on: 3 December, 2019
Deadline: 13 December, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Excellence Community Education We
The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. Based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), US CDC and The United Nations office of Projects. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has earned a solid reputation among Its funders and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The broadened scope of activities under its Global Fund (GF) TB-HIV Grant has created the need for increased staff capacity in its One Stop Shop (OSS) facility in Edo State.
- The Doctor should provide general care to the KP clients.
The key roles of the Doctor include:
- Work with program team to develop and/or review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the provision of ART services to Key Populations
- Provide ART services to Key Populations in line with current World Health Organization (WHO) recommendations and national guidelines both at the OSS and through mobile ART.
- Oversee clinical HIV treatment protocols in each clinical department to reflect the needs of the target population and ensure consistency of treatment services throughout the OSS.
- Ensure a seamless delivery of service for clients from intake through discharge at the OSS.
- Review and assess client treatment protocols and plans, including shortand long-term goals.
- Review clinical records to evaluate the necessary level of client care
- Effectively manage and supervise other clinicians, health service providers, volunteers and case managers at the OSS as well as mobile ART teams
- Advise project team on national and state policies, procedures and licensing requirements and ensure compliance with all requirements and/or mandatory inspections
- Prepare formal evaluation of employee performance as scheduled and required.
- Supervise weekly/monthly clinical staff meetings.
- Identify and advise project management on training needs of all clinical staff to ensure a high degree of HIV treatment and care knowledge throughout the OSS.
- Work with clinical and support staff to maintain a high degree of professionalism and excellent customer service.
- Integrate OSS and mobile ART services with other project activities to enhance the achievement of project outcomes.
- Provide support to the Strategic Information (SI) unit to manage data collection for service delivery to Key Populations in project communities using nationally approved tools.
- Ensure timely submission of quality reports to the FHI360Head Quarters through the SRs on monthly and quarterly basis or as required.
- Support for data analysis, interpretation and use at the OSS. Use of data at facility level for decision making towards improve service delivery at the OSS.
- Liaise with SFH to use data for decision making on how to best tailor services according to the needs of the KPs.
- Support the development of budgets and work plans for clinical services in the OSS.
- Provide support for prompt retirement of cash expenditure and advances.
- Preparation of program reports.
- Proactively seek out and report relevant opportunities, success stories, linkages or challenges that may promote clinical services for the project.
- Carry out any assignment as may be decided by FHI360 and the supporting SR.
- Advanced Medical Degree (MD preferred)
- Robust clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment (3years + preferable)
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications and other software
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS treatment
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- At least 3 years of clinical experience in management of infectious disease, and of management of clinical services;
- Experience in developing country health care programs
- Experience in training
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page capability statement and an updated Resume as a single document with Full Names as title of the document to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location clearly stated as subject of the email.
- ECEWS is an equal opportunity employer and strongly advise female qualified applicant to apply for the position above
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme Ltd/...Similar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI)
- Latest Recruitment at The Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Registration of Vendors for Future Request for Quotation (RFQ) at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- Communications Advisor at Action Against Hunger
- Performance Monitoring Specialist at RTI International
- Administrative Assistant, Office Support and Administration at ICAP
- Logistics Advisor at Chemonics International
- Child Protection Project Manager at Search for Common Ground (Search)