PHP/Magento Developer at Beauty and Fragrance Ltd
Posted on: 2 December, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Sales / Retail
View All Jobs at Beauty And Fragrance LTD
We are Nigeria’s notable leading retailer of luxury fragrances, cosmetics and skincare products. Established in 1986, we are a household name amongst the brand conscious West African consumer. We are a professional and ambitious organization that has a retail network across Nigeria with continuous expansion plans. We have deep understanding of the beauty industry and strong partnership ethos reinforces our position in the market creating an aggressive platform for growth and future development opportunities.
Responsible for Magento module development, testing and implementation to enhance the core Magento framework and align website functionality to unique business needs.
Essential Functions, Duties & Accountabilities
- Create applications that address the phases of SDLC (software development life cycle)
- Develop comprehensive application testing procedures using PHPUnit and scripted synthetic browser tests in Selenium
- Update existing applications following Magento best practices to meet the security and functionality standards as outlined in the company's website policies
- Integrating Magento with REST services for data movement and Synchronization across internal systems such as our ICG etc.
- Implement testing tools that monitor the ongoing performance of the company website Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability. Ensure cross-browser compatibility. Perform quality assurance testing and communicate results to the department
- Assist in updating application development policies to ensure that all future applications meet the latest technical requirements
- Actively code, executing and enhance design concepts, developing responsive page layouts and interfaces from design mockups provided by our business partners.
- Participate actively in team meetings to discuss the business needs and the strategy behind the project.
- Translate wireframes to code.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability within a mobile responsive framework.
- Help to develop new user-facing features.
- Provide website maintenance and enhancement.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and development trends.
- Promote usability best practices.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in application development and testing required.
- A solid understanding of the Magento codebase, architecture, and database structure
- Experience with PHP & MySQL.
- Experience integrating with REST API services
- SDLC implementation experience.
- Experience with MVC Frameworks (Magento, Zend.)
- Experience with Mysql databases
- Strong understanding of object-oriented PHP programming
- Proficient with CSS and HTML
- Strong understanding of W3C web standards
- Experience working on large-scale, complex web applications.
- Experience with content management platforms.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Beauty And Fragrance LTD career website on beautyandfragrance.talentbase.ng to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Beauty And Fragrance LTDSimilar Jobs
- Merchandise Planner at Persianas Retail
- Senior Online UPS Sales Associate at Simba Group
- National Sales Manager at Recare
- Fresh Jobs at Wandel International Nigeria Limited
- Job Openings at TalentSquare
- Latest Vacancies at Ruff n Tumble
- Internal Auditor / Compliance Officer at Persianas Retail Limited
- Regional Fleet Maintenance Manager - West at Leventis Motors Limited