Manager - Regional Legal Services at Etisalat Nigeria
Posted on: 25 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Etisalat Nigeria
Etisalat's vision is a world where people's reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
Etisalat Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Manager, Regional Legal Services
Serves as principal point of legal advice at Etisalat's region ensuring protection of Etisalat's interest.
- Advice Etisalat region on local and international legal matters including civil, criminal contractual, telecom regulatory and labour laws that may affect Etisalat activities or employees
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation/regulations and give adequate legal advice in order to reduce risk liability within the region
- Advice Etisalat on Legal matters relating to property and site acquisition or Collocation in the region.
- Oversee the preparation of all leases, infrastructure sharing or collocation Agreements, licenses and related documents, covering Etisalat on any legal peculiarities of the region
- Demonstrate ownership of the regional matters and advice Etisalat on legal peculiarities of the region
- Monitor and study the impact of new laws regulations and legislations that may affect Etisalat's employees and activities and make recommendations to the Head, Regional Legal Services.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practices as it relates to the department's activities
- Continuously assist in reviewing the departments/teams activities and make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure effective case management strategy and adequate representation in Litigation matters involving Etisalat and mitigate associated risks to Etisalat
- Monitor Litigation (including any alternative dispute resolution mechanisms) by and against Etisalat and manage Etisalat's legal exposure in matters within the region. Where external counsel is required, assist the Head, Legal Operations and Litigation in acting as a liaison for external counsel's contact and coordination with Etisalat
- Conduct searches on land which Etisalat proposes to lease or purchase
- Give qualitative legal advice on title verification/due diligence and ensure proper documentation for property acquisition
- Ensure proper documentation and compliance with lease terms in approving renewals
- Draft Deeds, Lease Agreements, Infrastructure Sharing and Collocation Agreements, Addendums and other property documents as may be required in the region
- Champion the execution of all leases, licenses and legal documents by the appropriate personnel of the company
- Participate in the setting and maintenance of database of all properties and other related legal documentation
- Ensure safe custody of all property related files and documents
- Assist in implementing the units work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the department/team to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the function
- Prepare /compile agreed periodic activities and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Legal Operations and Litigation
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Legal Operations and Litigation.
- First degree in Law.
- A Postgraduate / professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- 6 - 8 years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a Supervisory role
- Telecoms Regulations
- Legislation and Compliance
- Legal Contract Drafting
- Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution
- Decision Making
- Leadership and People Management
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Etisalat NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- Wordpress/Website Designers at Accret Integrated
- Job Opportunities at Best Value Providers Limited
- EHoD - Legal Regulatory & Compliance Supervisors at Vodafone Nigeria
- Technology Sales Representatives - Public Sector at Oracle Nigeria
- Sales Manager at e.Stream Networks Limited
- Project Officers at Co Creation Hub (CcHUB)
- Career Opportunities at Swift Networks Limited