A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
• Reviews purchase orders for expediting requirements, seeks solutions to technical problems, reviews reports to clarify misunderstandings, monitors client changes and communicate to end users on delivery status.
• Weekly Reports- generate and provide data for input into status reports on delays in supply, impact on delivery schedule, tracking and delivery logs. Generate and create reports detailing work progress, costs, requisition issues and inventory levels.
• Maintains proper file management of all expediting documentation and communication in the procurement file
• Advise the requisitioner on any proposed change(s) to any part of the requisitioned material (e.g. specifications etc)
• Vendor Management- Works with warehouse, buyers and suppliers to correct deficiencies, shortages, unacceptable substitutions and other problems
• Monitor placed orders with vendors and suppliers to be sure that the materials are delivered in the specified amount of time.
• Maintain a record of the outstanding purchase orders and contact vendors through telephone calls, by email and in person.
• Act as liaison between the end user and vendors with regards to relaying information regarding delays in shipments and works to resolve.
• Review work orders and other documents for accuracy and compliance standards. Monitors shipments to ensure that purchase order information matches the shipment. Check products and materials to see if they meet quality standards and possess required features. This includes the quantity and quality of materials and resolves inconsistencies in the order.
• Consulting- Before commencement of the purchase order, meets with the requisitioning unit/department in order to plan the time table with regards to material requirements, deadlines and budget for the project.
• Progress Status- Maintains contact with the shipping or transportation company to prevent delays in shipments and remains in frequent contact with the vendor/ material suppliers to ensure that delivery will be possible on the pre-determined date.
• Problem Solving- have contingency plans available for late deliveries or defective materials. Be ready to solve other problems such as the operation going over budget or the request for additional and more materials than planned.
• Returns- At the conclusion of the project, responsible for returning any unused materials to the supplier when possible.
• Analyze requisition schedules and determine which items should be sent first according to completion and scheduled delivery dates.
• Responsible for distributing requisition and shipment schedules, and meeting with department supervisors/managers to discuss progress and completion dates.
• Assist with data entry, maintaining and entering purchase orders, maintaining and compiling purchasing reports, and working with accounts payable regarding supplier and vendor invoices.
• Receives materials and data and coordinates disbursement of said data or material to the end user
• Handles all documentation related to scheduling, maintenance, repairs, transportation and shipment.
• Keeps a daily tracking system of procurement and purchasing activities. Monitors records of inventory, reordering supplies or materials when necessary.
• Provides technical and administrative assistance to the Facilities & Services DEPARTMENT.
• Perform other duties as assigned or required.
• At least 1-2 years of related work experience. Previous experience in purchasing is an added advantage
• Have a basic understanding of manufacturing resource planning (MRP).
• Have knowledge of shipping processes as well as quality assurance methods
• Ability to remain organized and on top of scheduled shipments and production goals.
• Good verbal and written communication skills for contact with suppliers during the expediting process.
• Good team spirit and project management skills
• Good administrative, relational and customer service skills
• Good problem solving skills and initiative
• Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
• Good reasoning skills; communication skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
• Problem solving, data literacy and analytical skills
• Good vendor management skills
• Knowledge of general principles and practices of bargaining and purchasing.
• General knowledge of procurement supply chain.
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility
• Knowledge of purchasing processes and inventory databases.
• Must have organizational skills to monitor a number of orders from multiple vendors.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools– ability to use the necessary databases and software related to purchasing and shipping.
• Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
• Document Control - Reviewing and keeping records of transaction of sale and purchase goods and services
• A good university first degree is required in business, accounting or a related discipline.
Physical demands of the job
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.