Brand Manager - Baileys at Diageo
Posted on: 24 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at DIAGEO
Diageo plc is a British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine
- To represent the Baileys and other associated brands plan in Nigeria
- Implement and be accountable for execution of the Baileys Trademark GAME Plan to achieve or exceed targeted Net Sales Value (NSV), market share and volume objectives for Diageo Brands Nigeria (DBN) while managing Advertising & Promotions (A&P).
- Continually identify and quantify new growth opportunities for the portfolio based on consumer insights
- Work closely with the General Manager – DBN and Marketing Manager – Spirits & Ready to Drink (RTD) to grow the portfolio opportunities for DBN.
- To make Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur a household name and one of the most accessible Spirits brands in Nigeria.
- Identify and resolve issues around current brand performance.
- Management and accountability for implementation of A&P spend efficiencies and evaluation across all brand activities.
- Negotiate cost of 3rd Party Goods & Services suppliers with Procurement.
- Develops & executes plans against strategic growth opportunities.
- Maintains business critical controls & compliance documentation rigorously to ensure complete transparency across the Portfolio.
Leadership and Functional Responsibilities
- Work with the DBN General Manager & Marketing Director, Nigeria to set the Nigeria Destination 2017 strategy on the Baileys Trademark.
- Manage the delivery of the Fiscal Year 15 AOP for Baileys through excellent execution of GAME Plans & Activities.
- Support DBN General Manager as required in managing route to market challenges for Spirits in Nigeria including pricing, COGS etc.
- Work with the in – market teams & commercial managers to turn the brand plans into “executable” commercial plans and assist with the development of missing growth drivers.
- Ensure close up front analysis with other African team members & Baileys GBT on Liqueur Category insights & how to approach building the trademark & or category in a new to world market.
- Understand the impact and action plan vs key competitors in Cream Liqueurs
Top 3 Accountabilities
- Assist and support the General Manager DBN and Marketing Manager Spirits to deliver the AOP growth aspirations in Fiscal year 15 and beyond.
- Support Spirits Brand growth with Marketing Manager by implementing the code for growth for Scotch.
- Lead the development & commercial implementation of annual Game Plan including expansion of current s.k.u range to additional Trademarks.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree in marketing / business or other related discipline. Postgraduate Qualifications an advantage
- Proven ability to work under own initiative / pro-activity
- 7-10 years Brand and Trade marketing experience of which there must be min 1-2 years experience in Spirits category.
- Developing or Experienced level on Marketing Functional capabilities
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgement & acumen.
- Is an open & enthusiastic learner
- Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
- Extensive experience of Below The Line & experiential strategy development and implementation working with 3rd party agencies.
- Budget & cost control management
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about DIAGEOSimilar Jobs
- Supply Chain Manager at a Multinational Food-Products Manufacturing Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Senior Accountants at The Candel Company
- HR Administrators at Kimberly-Clark Nigeria
- Job Opportunities at Food Merchants International Investments Limited
- Jobs at Aquada Development Corporation
- Finance Job Vacancy at GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK)
- Promasidor Nigeria Recruiting for Packaging Officers
- Human Resource Job Vacancy at SABMiller