Brand Manager - Johnnie Walker at Diageo
Posted on: 24 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View Jobs posted same day
Diageo plc is a British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine
- To represent the Johnnie Walker Trademark plan for Nigeria
- Implement and be accountable for execution of the Johnnie Walker Trademark GAME Plan to achieve or exceed targeted Net Sales Value (NSV), market share and volume objectives for Diageo Brands Nigeria (DBN) while managing Advertising & Promotions (A&P).
- Continually identify and quantify new growth opportunities for the portfolio based on consumer insights
- Work closely with the General Manager – DBN and Marketing Manager – Spirits & Ready to Drink (RTD) to grow the portfolio opportunities for DBN.
- To make Johnnie Walker the leading Premium Brown Spirits trademark in Nigeria.
- Identify and resolve issues around current brand performance.
- Management and accountability for implementation of A&P spend efficiencies and evaluation across all brand activities.
- Negotiate cost of 3rd Party Goods & Services suppliers with Procurement.
- Develops & executes plans against strategic growth opportunities.
- Maintains business critical controls & compliance documentation rigorously to ensure complete transparency across the Portfolio.
Leadership and Functional Responsibilities
- Work with the DBN General Manager & Marketing Director, Nigeria to set the Nigeria strategy on the Johnnie Walker Trademark.
- Manage the delivery of the FY15 AOP for Johnnie Walker through excellent execution of GAME Plans & Activities.
- Support DBN General Manager as required in managing route to market challenges for Spirits in Nigeria including pricing, COGS etc.
- Work with the in – market teams & commercial managers to turn the brand plans into “executable” commercial plans and assist with the development of missing growth drivers.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Assist and support the General Manager DBN and Marketing Manager Spirits to deliver the AOP growth aspirations in Fiscal year 15 and beyond.
- Support Spirits Brand growth with Marketing Manager by implementing the code for growth for Scotch.
- Support & inspire the rest of the Spirits & RTD Brand Teams as well as collaboratively support the DBN Customer Marketing team.
- Lead the development & commercial implementation of annual Game Plan
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree in marketing / business or other related discipline. Postgraduate Qualifications an advantage
- Proven ability to work under own initiative / pro-activity
- Clear understanding of Luxury & Lifestyle brand marketing.
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (4-6 years)
- Experienced level capability on all Marketing Functional capabilities
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgement & acumen.
- Experience of working on Status brands & understanding of Execution standards required for the demanding consumer.
- Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
- Extensive experience of BTL & Experiential strategy development and implementation working with 3rd party agencies.
- Budget & cost control management
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Driver - Pool Car at SABmiller Plc
- Account Manager, Dow Adhesives at the Dow Chemical Company
- Associate Manager - SHE at SC Johnson (SCJ)
- Transport Service Centre Manager at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
- Personal Assistant at Literamed Publications Nigeria Limited
- Food Technologist - Savoury at Givaudan Nigeria
- Production Planning Officer at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Job Vacancies at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc