VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
VSO Nigeria is looking to recruit 4 Volunteer Team Leaders, who will support the Youth Programme Team in Pre-placement preparation, volunteer welfare and development support, monitoring and evaluation, programme planning and facilitation. THIS IS A VOLUNTEER POSITION, NOT PAID EMPLOYMENT.
The objectives of being a volunteer Team Leader with VSO ICS are:
• To actively contribute to the delivery of a VSO ICS project
• Support VSO ICS volunteers with their personal development
• Continue to build on your own personal and professional development.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
• A passion for the role of young people in international development;
• A belief in the values of VSO;
• A full commitment to the three stages of ICS (pre placement, on placement, post placement)
• Self-motivated with the ability to work flexibly and on own initiative;
• Sensitive to the needs of others and committed to learning from an ICS placement.
Previous participation in any of VSO Nigeria's Youth Volunteering Programmes (NGVP, NV-NYSC, ICS etc.) will be an added advantage.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please click here to apply online.