Oxfam in Nigeria is an international nonprofit organization committed to ridding the world of poverty. We have a conviction that once given the chance to do so people are well capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own. To do this, we work with local organizations, build their capacity and provide strategic funding to local projects in developing countries. We also lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people, and campaign to involve men and women also in our work. Oxfam seeks to hire
To effectively contribute to Oxfam’s emergency response delivery with local partners in North Eastern Nigeria through hands on support to the management, implementation, monitoring and reporting of timely and high quality humanitarian assistance to conflict affected people. This includes performing related administrative tasks.
Support HSC in the following roles
· Providing programmatic support and technical advise to field operations (specifically on WASH & EFSL) and ensure proper project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation including regular field visits, communications of progress and results and grant management.
· Coordinating between relevant staff and partner organsiations to ensure that the programme is implemented in a consultative, participative, gender- and conflict-sensitive way.Within the framework of the emergency response strategy for North East Nigeria contribute to develop high quality emergency response programmes and donor proposals;
· To ensure that narrative and financial reporting and other donor
requirements are met in line with donor agreements and follow up with partners where necessary.
· Contribute to donor report writing, prepare SITREP’s, input and maintain the emergency report workplan, contribute to needs assessments, etc.
· Conduct administrative tasks related to the emergency response.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
· Experience with emergency response delivery in similar conflict situation preferably including WASH and EFSL , and an understanding of all aspects of humanitarian assistance.
· Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity into emergency response programmes.
· Be familiar with and abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct, Sphere standards, the People in Aid Code.
· Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts and with staff and partners with variety of ethnic, gender, cultural backgrounds..
· Report Writing
· Cooperation and networking skills.
· Basic accounting and bookkeeping skills.
· Excellent written and spoken English and Hausa.
. Required work experience: 5 years or more
. Should reside in the North East preferably Adamawa State and willing and able to travel in Northern Adamawa on short notice
If you are interested, please send a motivational letter and curriculum vitae in English to email@example.com to the Human Resource Officer, not later than August 8, 2014 ..
Further enquires on these positions can be sent to
Human Resource Officer
Human Resource Officer
13 Korogho Close
Off Monrovia Street
Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse II
Tel: +23497830945, +2347086625290, +2348038572755, +23480856628961