Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
- An exciting opportunity exists for a Lead - Software Developer to join a dynamic project team.
- The role would suit someone with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based applications that also has proven in depth SQL-Server development experience.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server Business Intelligence development and SQL Server (additional experience with Oracle is highly desirable).
- The job holder needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career.
- The job holder must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details.
- The job holder must recognize the value of agile, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.), Computer Science or similar (Minimum 2:2)
- 5+ years experience as an application developer.
- Must have NYSC certificate or exemption certificate
- Must list hands-on building and direct responsibility of projects worked on
- Experience in the use and Administration of MSSQL Database and Oracle Database
- using Stored Procedures, Functions, Views and so on.
- Efficient and effective use of NetBeans, Eclipse, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), PLSQL Developer.
- Sound knowledge of application deployment on Apache Tomcat Server, WildFly Server/JBOSS.
- A team-player with good interpersonal skill.
The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements.
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012)
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etc…) preferred
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and independently.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with implementation and testing of DB backups, restores and recovery models.
- Database server deployment design, processes, and day-to-day operations, including monitoring and Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Mobile and web service development experience
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 and above preferred
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite).
- The Application Developer will often be challenged with new problems to which they will need to rely on strong problem solving skills to resolve:
- The ability to accurately identify the cause of a system/application malfunction, interpret that to management and their colleagues, document and propose resolutions
- Fully understand structured methodologies (e.g. Agile) for using programming code to solve business problems
- Ensure all changes and implementations are well tested and managed in a controlled manner with full rollback plans
- Correctly identify when assistance is required and request it accordingly
- Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required.
go to method of application »
- An exciting opportunity exists for a dynamic Program Data Lead to join a dynamic project team for a 12 months project.
- The Program Data Lead provides overall leadership and is accountable for the success of our client’s Back-Office Transformation data. The candidate forms part of the programme leadership team.
ResponsibilitiesThe resource shall be responsible for the following:
- Ensure the success of each functional stream (Finance, EAM, SCM, HR, EPM) project roll-out data requirements.
- Implement governance and business processes to ensure data integrity, data standardisation, data quality, and change management of data across multiple groups and systems.
- Provide regular feedback (at least weekly) on progress against the deployment project plan.
- Define the business rules for the data cleansing and enrichment based on the assessment of quality of the data from the source system for all functional streams
- Deliver the cleansing and enrichment of data to the Oracle Cloud data specification requirement
- Responsible for end to end testing of data architecture across systems
- Ensure all data cleansed and enriched is reconciled prior to go-live
- Ensure the master data team is established and ready to go, when new solution goes live
- Implement data governance and business processes
- Provide post go live support as required and perform post go-live assessment
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Tasks:
- Coach and mentor direct / indirect reports to ensure staff motivation is high
- Direct and monitor work of matrix reporting teams
- Develop, agree and ensure performance and compliance obligations of the team are met
- Lead and motivate team to achieve key performance metrics
- Identify staff training and development needs and implement necessary actions with regards to the master data management team to be established in the operation
- Manage the performance and deliverables of direct and indirect reports to ensure that the overall objectives of Back Office Transformation Programme data team are achieved
- Set goals and objectives for project reports, monitor progress and maintain motivation.
- Relevant Business / Information Technology Bachelor’s degree
- At least 10 years’ senior management experience in ERP Transformational Programs
- At least 10 years’ senior management experience in Telecoms
- 5+ years of experience in gathering business requirements and/or deployment of ERP systems focusing on Master Data Management in a large enterprise
- Prefer a primarily business/functional process expert with technology skills
- Strong hands on experience with MDM
- Experience in participating in analysis sessions with the user community to capture, define MDM requirements clearly, completely and correctly
- Ability to develop and implement data governance and standards
- Excellent computer skills—Microsoft Office Suite; including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Enterprise Portfolio Management/Any project management tool
- Experience with ERP systems
Skills and behavioural qualities:
- Accountability, ownership, and boundary-less mindset to manage competing priorities and communicate effectively with team members
- Excellent problem identification, prioritization and remediation skills
- People management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Strong consultancy skills & stakeholder management skills
- Good Interpersonal skills, ability to listen and observe
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Conflict handling and resolution skills
- Planning, tracking and reporting skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (in Microsoft word), current and expected salary to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the Job title as the subject of the mail.