Exciting Careers at Thomson Reuters
Posted on: 23 July, 2014
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Thomson Reuters
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Reuters is looking for an energetic and resourceful correspondent in Nigeria to be part of the team covering Africa’s No 1 oil producer and its largest economy, the epitome of the Africa Rising narrative.
Ref No: JREQ020957
Location: Lagos and Abuja
- The successful candidate will be expected to focus on Nigeria’s equities, banking , telcoms and retail markets, and regulatory environment, looking at the opportunities and challenges for investors, as well as political affairs.
- There will be opportunities too to participate in all aspects of our coverage, from oil production to reporting on the bloody insurgency of the Islamist sect Boko Haram in the restless north or sectarian clashes in central Plateau state.
- This position will report to the Nigeria Chief Correspondent. The position will be based in either Lagos or Abuja.
- The candidate will be expected to provide high-quality cover on the expanding investment opportunities in Nigeria, report on the economy.
- He/she will be expected to report and write insightful longer-format stories on individuals, companies and trends.
- Despite considerable security, political and social challenges, Nigeria is a magnet for foreign investors, who seek a stake not only in its hydrocarbons riches but also in one of the fastest growing retail markets in the world. It is one of the so-called “MINT" countries - alongside Mexico, Indonesia and Turkey – seen as successors to the first wave of emerging markets dubbed the BRICs (Brazil, Russia and India and China).
- At least three years reporting experience :
- Knowledge of financial markets and track record of covering cross-market stories essential
- Proven track record of cultivating sources and breaking news
- Willingness to travel and overcome technical difficulties
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Thomson ReutersSimilar Jobs
- Driver at DM Holdings Limited (DMH)
- Creative Editor at Iconway Media
- Broadcast Journalist (Video) at the BBC World Service
- Social Media Executive at iflix Nigeria
- Media Producer/Co-founder at Next up Africa
- Jobs at The News Chronicle
- Main Female Presenter at Network Arewa24 Limited
- Writers Needed at Open Journals Nigeria Magazine (OJN Mag)