GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and helping to cure the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
Your opportunity to lead by doing!The Information Technology Leadership Program is the premier technical leadership program at GE, offering those with a passion for information technology the opportunity to grow their leadership skills, business acumen & technical aptitude, while building a career with unlimited potential. Program members lead by doing –gaining front line experience by working on important and challenging projects alongside some of the brightest technical minds in the world.
GE IT represents a major area of focus and investment across the company and is essential to maintaining our leadership, competitiveness and success. For those with a passion for technology, no other company offers the diversity of experience and career potential that GE does.
GE's Information Technology Leadership Program is a key entry point for IT professionals at GE and designed to attract high-potential candidates looking to further develop their technical ability and business acumen. Our Information Technology Leadership Program professionals gain hands-on experience in system implementation, technical design and architecture, and operational excellence as they transition from academia to the working world.
Program members get access to choose rotations in a variety of disciplines (e.g. system implementations, technical design/architecture, and operational excellence), accelerating their future at GE. And as part of GE, they are supported by the scale and resources of one of the world's greatest companies.
ITLP member will have access to rotational and training experiences across the world .Member will be primarily based in Nigeria. As a key pipeline for future leaders of GE's world-class global IT organization, the Information Technology
Leadership Program is a full-time, two-year program consisting of multiple assignments that program members get to choose from. Continued education is central to the program with over 12 weeks of technical (e.g. Java programming,DBA, data warehousing, business intelligence, mobile application design and development, et al), project management (waterfall and Scrum), and leadership training over the two years. The job assignments and training are designed to enable participants to use their information technology experience to drive some of GE's strategic business initiatives. Each assignment and training experience is global allowing participants to travel to other countries, work with colleagues from around the world, and make an impact on products and services that make theworld better.
Possible rotational assignments may include:
* Application development (Web, client server, standalone, mobile) – utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies
* Systems management and optimization
* Business process re-engineering
* Infrastructure management and environmental design/build out
* Customer support
* NOTE that each role will have a technology and a project management component
* A minimum of a four-year technical degree in one of the above listed majors
* Advanced or Fluent in English
* GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
* Geographic mobility (this is a rotational program and locations vary by business)
Preference will be given to persons with:
* Major in CIS, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Systems, Engineering, Information Resource Management, Information Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, MIS, Systems Engineering, Technology-related major, Electrical Engineering (w/ concentration or minor in one of the above), Business (w/concentration or minor in one of the above and proven experience working with technology)
* Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in technology.
* A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for IT
* Strong analytical and technical skills
* Demonstrated problem solving abilities
* Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom
* Relevant coursework in IT-related disciplines
* Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
* A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
* Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.